I wandered around the school for a bit, listlessly. 

I turned down a hallway, only to come face to face with Callie, Olivia and Tessa. 

"Callie!" I said, gasping. She didn't even look at me. Olivia and Tessa smirked at me.

"Oh, hi, Lana." Olivia said, sounding sugary sweet. 

"Yeah, hi." Tessa says, rolling her perfect blue eyes. 

Callie looked at the ground, looking ashamed. "Callie?" I said uncertain. 

Her eyes met mine and they were filled with pain. 

Olivia smiled smugly. "Sorry. Callie can't talk right now. She's too busy being popular, freak."

Tessa let her head fall back, laughing. What a fake. 

"Callie. You're not like this. Come on, let's go!" I pleaded. She didn't do anything. 

She was just going to let Olivia and Tessa run her God darn life. 

"Callie? Please."

"C'mon, Cals. Let's go." Olivia said, walking right past me. Tessa and Callie followed her, leaving me alone, to watch my best friend walk right into the dark side. Was this what being a teen like? 

Was it having your best friends get trampled by the Queen Bee? Having your soul sister leave you for someone better? 

....

"Hey. Anna." I whispered to her in Science. She sat in front of me. 

She turned around, a smile on her face. "Hey!"

"Did your dad talk to you about my father's dinner?" 

Her grin becomes even wider. "Yes! I can come!" 

I smiled. "That's great! Remember wear something nice because the president's going to be there."

"Really?" She gasped, her brown eyes wide.

I smiled before continuing on with the notes Mr. Gold was giving us.

...

"Lana! Your dad's going to be here in twenty minutes! Get ready." My mom said poking her head into the room.

She narrowed her eyes at me when she saw me reading Harry Potter on my unmade bed.

"Alana Marie Henderson Montgomery. You were supposed to be dressed an hour ago! Anna will be here in..." She checked her watch. "Ten minutes."

I rolled My eyes. " Okay. Just give me five minutes, geez."

My mom sighed, shaking her head of orange curls.

"You are one special child, Lanes."

"I know."

I jumped off my bed and opened My closet's door.

I pulled out a purple dress with a sparkly bodice. My mom had gotten it for me at Bloomingdales this summer after my graduation from Middle School. I hadn't had the chance to wear it yet and well... what is life anyway if you can't have a little fun?

I threw it on and shimmed into my black flats. 

"Felicity! I told you to get your nose out of that book an hour ago!" My mom shrieked. When it came to dad, mom was a mess.

I ran into the bathroom, layering on some pale pink lipstick and putting on my black mascara. I didn't even bother with eyeliner, knowing it would take me more than five minutes.