Confession 4

Confession 4: The only cool princesses are the ones from Disney.

September 30th 2001

"Dad. Stop. Of course I'll be there." I said, sighing. My dad had managed to squeeze in a dinner for Felicity, him and I to attend in New York at the Plaza Hotel. It was some sort of dinner with all of his associates and the president of the United States. The president! Felicity was going to be psyched!

"Be sure to be there by five-thirty. Your grandmother will be there." 

Grandmaman? That crazy lady? The one that told me that girls my age should be painting each others' nails and wearing skirts and fastening brooches with our boyfriend's initials to our shirts'? 

"Dad! No. I am not going to attend anything that has to do with her." 

"I know that she might be a little bit senile-"

"Just a bit?" I sneered into the phone. 

"Alana. Please. Your grandmother just wants to see you. Besides, there will be plenty of young people your age to talk to." 

"Can I bring someone?" 

He groaned. "No. You can not bring Callie! Remember what she did at the last dinner party with the Prime Minister of Canada?"

I thought back to that. She had somehow managed to send the Prime Minister home in tears. Or back to his room in the Plaza anyway. I'm still not sure how she did it. 

"No. I don't want to bring Callie. I want to bring Anna. You must've heard of her. Anna Van Lisaini."

I knew he was contemplating it.

"Of the Van Lisaini's of Monaco?" 

I Smirked. He'd fallen in to my trap. Hook, line and sinker.

"You know them?" I asked innocently.

"Very well. Nice family. Very aristocratic. I'm liking your choice in friends Lana."  He sounded extremely happy about this. 

"So?"

"So what?" He asked me.

"Can she come?" 

"Of course! I'll just her father a call to make sure he's okay with it." 

"Why wouldn't he be?"

My father's silent for a few seconds. "Just so he knows that his daughter will not be attending one of those drunken parties you teenagers like to have." 

"Like at a club?"

"Exactly."

"Why would we go there? Mom barely allows me out of the apartment without knowing where I'm going first!" 

"I know honey. Just let me give him a call, okay?"

"Fine. I'm sure she'll be allowed." I say, coldly. I'm not sure why he always has to check who I'm hanging out with or with their parents. I'm not hanging around with the druggies for God's sake!

"I'm sure. And where something nice. See you tonight."

"Everything I wear is nice!!"

"Love you." He chuckles.

"'Bye." I grumbled before hanging up. 

...

I walked into the school after a lonely ride on the subway. I know Anna lives closer to the school and she'll only be here when the bell rings. Sadly.