I cry really loud and scream. I want to die, don't take me to the hospital. I can't go there! I can't do it.

* * *

I awake to the familiar sounds of the hospital. I feel a tear run down my cheek and I am already crying. I look down to my hand and I see another hand holding it.

"Augustus?" I say weekly

"No, Hazel. It's your mother." she says as I pull my hand away from hers.

"I told you I am fine." I say with my jaw clenched.

"I'm sorry." she mumbled.

"Hazel, I- I have some news for you." she said upset.

"Am I finally dying?" I sob over my tears.

"You're pregnant, Hazel." she says.

"What...? No, no!" I cry. 

"Calm down! We can talk about this some other time!"

"NO!" I scream.

"CALM DOWN!" my mom says holding my hand.

"This can't be possible..."  

* * *

"You never told me you had sex, Hazel." my mom says holding my dad's hand. 

I don't answer. I sit there in silence. I take my time to think before I start crying.

"Answer us, Hazel!" my dad says.

"Gus." I say in a whisper. It was apparently loud enough for my parents to hear.

"When was this?" my mother asks.

"Amsterdam." I sob.

"Hazel, we aren't mad. We are a little upset, but we aren't mad." my father says in a hushed and calm voice.

"Don't cry, we understand." my mother says rubbing my back.

"I thought I was going to die, it just happened so quickly." I say wiping away my tears.

"Do his parents know?" I ask.

"Yes, Hazel."

I don't know what to do. I end up crying and asking my parents to leave and visit Gus's grave.

"Please help me, Gus." I cry.

"Hazel, it's okay." Mr. and Mrs. Waters say behind me. I thought it was Augustus at first, but he's not here. I don't know why I still think he is still here in the visible world. I am messed up and I know it.

"We aren't mad. Augustus at least gets to have a family with the love of his life."

I cry after Mr. Waters says that. I cry harder than I have today. I am pregnant with Augustus's baby and the baby won't see his dad until he or she leaves the world too.

* * *

Months have passed and I am due in six months. The baby is doing fine, and I have decided to wait to know the gender until the day of the birth. I've received twice as much stares as usual, I get stares no matter what because of the cannula I have to carry around and no that I am pregnant at such a young age, it's worse.

"Hazel?" Isaac asks sitting on the edge of my bed. He is turned away from me.

"Yes, Isaac?"

"Do you think the baby will have cancer...?"

I take my time to reply. I stare at the back of Isaac's head and I fall onto my back gently.

"I really hope not, Isaac. I really don't know," I say now worried about what could happen, "I hope I don't die before the baby is born. I'd be killing two lives.

Isaac gets up from the bed and I slowly get up and make my way over to him.

"What?" I ask him, taking my arm into his.

"I was uncomfortable. I just want to get up."

I look at him and down to my stomach. I take his hand and place it over my stomach for him to feel.

He keeps his hand still before lifting his hand back up and feeling his way for the my bed.

"I wish I wasn't blind. I wish I could've seen Augustus before he died. I wish I will be able to see the baby, but no. Cancer sucks. It's taken so many lives. Augustus won't be able to see his baby, I won't be able to see ever again and I will count on other people to help me. This sucks." Isaac says. He starts to cry and I sit down next to him and put my arm over his shoulder.

I don't know what to say, so I sit there rubbing his back while he cries. I then see an old trophy on my desk and I grab it.

"Take this." I say to Isaac as I hand him the trophy. I put it into his hands and he feels it.

"What? What is this?"

"A trophy. Do it, Isaac." I say remembering the time when Isaac broke the trophies at Augustus's house.

Isaac takes the trophy and gets up slowly and puts his arm out as a sign for me to step away, and I do. He takes the trophy and takes a deep breath, then throws it to the ground. All the pieces go everywhere and I see a big smile on his face. We laugh as my parents rush up to see what's going on, and so I explain to them. They obviously don't understand.

Isaac and I spend the rest of the day reminiscing over Augustus. Most parts made me cry, yet I would cry softly so Isaac couldn't hear me, because he obviously and sadly can't see me. That's another reason why I cried. He said he wished he could've seen Augustus one more time before he died. I'm sure he just wishes he wasn't blind.