Chapter 6

A/N: Sorry I haven't updated for a while. I've had a bit of Divergent fanfic writer's block.

 The day before visiting day, Ashlyn's parents had woken her up early. She'd just gone through the motions of getting ready. It was noon before Ashlyn, her parents, Bryn, Four, Evelyn, and Marcus were all packed, dressed, and ready to leave.

Now she waits in line in front of Four to check in so that she's allowed to get inside the fence. The woman at the table checks her thumbprint and then lets her through. She was dressed like a Dauntless today, in a plain black T-shirt, black Hot Topic jeans, and her usual black boots. She'd just quickly braided her hair today, and when she'd been worried about fitting in, Four just rolled his eyes and told her that she's fine.

"So, where're we going first?" Bryn asks Four.

"Actually, I have to take Ashlyn somewhere." Their group stands just inside of the fence, out of everyone's way. "We'll be gone all day, but I'm sure that Evelyn and Marcus wouldn't mind showing you guys around." His parents narrow their eyes at him.

"Where're you two going?" Bryn asks.

"I'm going to be put through initiation, Bry." Ashlyn explains.

"Okay, yep, not coming." Ashlyn laughs at her younger sister. Four takes her arm and leads her away.

"Where are we going?"

"The school. I talked to Zeke, Shauna, and Lauren. They said they'll get the message out to the others to meet us there a six-thirty."

"TIme check?" She grins.

Four gives her a look. "You're the one with the iPhone."

"They took it, stupid. Remember?" She sticks her tongue out at him. In the week or so that they'd known each other, they'd already started acting like a brother and sister.

"Well, it's like six. We're gonna have to catch a train."

Ashlyn stops. "We're jumping on a train?!"

"You wanted to be Dauntless." He shrugs.

"Well yeah, but-" The train's whistle blows, cutting her off.

"Follow me." He pulls her into a run next to the train. He grabs the handle and easily pulls himself in. Ashlyn hesitates for a second before sprinting, grabbing the handle, and hoists herself in. It was a little difficult, but she'd get better at it.

"How'd I do?" She's on one knee near the door.

"For a beginner- excellent. Most people can't even get in the train."

"Factionlesss," she says in a sing-song voice. He snorts and looks out the door.

"So who's gonna be there?"

"If the message got out properly, then a lot. The two of us, Tris, Lauren, Zeke, Uriah, Lynn, Al Shauna, Will, Christina, Peter, Edward, Myra, and possibly Caleb."

"Peter?!"

"Yeah. He and Lauren are neighbors, and we think he could train you a little too."

"In what? The art of betrayal?" She asks sarcastically. Four flashes her a grin.

"Might need it some day." He stands up. "Time to get off." He jumps out of the car. Ashlyn takes a deep breath and then backs up. She runs and jumps out of the car. She jogs a few steps to steady herself.

"Landing?" She asks.

"You do it better than most Dauntless." He answers truthfully.

"Dang. So, why the school?"

"Aptitude." He smirks. "We at least want to know what you should and shouldn't do."

"No aptitude." She shakes her head. "Initiations and initiations only."

"Fine then." They walk into the school's courtyard, and Ashlyn drops onto the stone-covered ground and sighs. "What's up?" Four asks.

"This place is so much nicer than it looked like on TV."

"Well I sure as hell hope so."

A/N: Cliffhanger!!! Haha so who do you think it is?