Chapter 03- "The Defined"

Start from the beginning

"Calm down, I know its a bit much for anyone to take in, specially you since you thought I was dead"

"You think?" deep inside I was happy to see whoever she was standing, and well alive, but it didn't affect the overwhelming feeling of confusion that I was experiencing.

She gestured for me to follow her, and I did, what I was going through would be easily explained in two very specific words:

Absolute Nonsense

I followed her through some dense shruberry, she was leading me to some abandoned factory by the coast. When we got there we were greeted by two armed men, which quickly let us by the moment they saw the hooded girl, in which case I still don't know her name.

"Hey,um-" my stuttering made her look towards me as I continued "I- uh- My name is Connor, Connor Hunter"

"Not really a good time for introductions is it?" We kept walking towards one of the old factory houses which looked rusted and patched up "We'll do that later, don't worry we'll have a formal introduction later"

We entered the factory house, from the outside everything was rusted and broken as hell , but when we got in everything was covered by high-tech machinery making me open my mouth in awe.

"When did you have time to do this? And what's with the military men outside?" I kept looking about the highend technology scattered around the place.

"I guess its time for formalities" she sighed "Hi there, I'm Rory Travince"

Travince,hm, Travince the name sounded familiar, must be some big shot across town? I'm not really sure, at least I'm getting some form of answers around here.

"Alright so explain to me how you are still alive?"

"You poor little thing, you still don't understand anything at all?" She sighed and looked up at me

"Let me tell you this, I built this place to understand what is happening to people" she continued "You and me, were not normal you see, how can you explain that thing you did on the roof?"

She was right, I could put explain it even if I tried, I guess I just have to roll with what ever she spits out of her self righteous mouth.

"I hired my very own scientists, to study me" that sounds like some weird plot of a Sci Fi movie, you know with experimentations and all that.

"They've only figured out this much, that what we have is a form of bacteria, which manifests under certain symptoms which you may have experienced" she then started enumerating each one

"Headaches, Paralyzation, Temporary Blindness, Sudden temperature increase or decrease and many more" she continued " I could go on and on but to shorten things we have 'powers'"

"Woah woah woah, powers? As in metal claws, total control of metal, telekinesis and such, Those powers?"
I ask feeling a bit dumbfounded and ignorant.

"Yes exactly those, but we'll I haven't found anyone other than you, so the powers we have on the table is instant regeneration and teleportation."

"Teleportation? Is that what I have?"

"Duh, spatial distortion, otherwise known as teleportation; the ability to move around any location in space and time."

"Hold up, I can do that?!"

"Oh my god, don't tell me you just realized that now"

"Alright I won't."

"Dear lord save me" she sighed heavily "Well then, your training starts today!"

"Training?!" I shouted

I got some answers from her like why we have these and what these are, but one thing stuck to my mind, the words she spoke

"We have powers not like any other normal human being, we are able to destroy and create from nothing, yet we are undefined, we do not know of our origin or out of the billions of people in the world why we were chosen for these powers"

I liked that word, it made me feel safe, and like I had some kind of purpose so I'm going to start calling those with powers.

The Defined

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Another chapter out of the way, this is starting to look good in my side considering the fact that I don't stick out well with stories

Yaaay a 4th chapter for a book I write, raritynat its finest :D
I'll see you all soon enough with another chapter in hand
Questions, comments, concerns
Leave it below or anywhere :D

|Sincerely,Author|