Chapter Twenty Three | Alex Morgan

Start from the beginning

I accept her call and put the phone close to my ear. "Hey Tobin!" I say.

"Alex! It feels like forever since I last talked to you. How are you?" Tobin asks. And from where I'm standing she can't see me so I start to creep up behind her, but not to close for her to hear me.

"I'm great! Sorry I never returned your calls I've been busy lately." I say. I look around the soccer field and I see all the girls. I see Lauren, Amy and Kelley in a group talking.

"That's fine! I was worried because you didn't come to any of the games I sent tickets too." Tobin says.

"I caught them on TV!" I say and I hear and I see Tobin laugh.

"So what are you doing?" Tobin asks me and I feel my heart begin to race but a smile forms on me. I walk closer to Tobin to the point where I can see the color of her pony tail which is pink but she doesn't notice me.

"Turn around." I say and I watch as Tobin takes her phone away from her ear and she stands up and slowly turns around and finally faces me. Her eyes go wide and she pulls me in such a tight hug.

"Alex what are you doing here!" Tobin says as she holds my head into her hands.

"I think I belong here now." I say as I show her the same matching warm up shirt Tobin has on.

"How come you didn't tell me sooner!" Tobin says.

"Because I wanted to do this. Surprise you and everyone." I say with a smile.

"Ugh I don't like you." Tobin says.

"You love me." I say with a grin.

"Yeah, yeah. Well let's introduce you." Tobin says as she grabs my duffle and sets it next to hers. Then she grabs my arm and pulls me to a girl who I already know is Abby Wambach.

"Hey Abby, we've got a new one." Tobin says as she looks over at me and smiles. Abby turns around and smiles at me.

"Okay girls bring it in!" She yells and soon enough the rest of the team is circled around us. "We've got a new player today. This is Alex Morgan and she is a forward for us. So everyone please make her feel welcome, introduce yourself and we'll go from there." Abby says.

"Thanks, I'm happy to be here and can't wait to start playing with you all." I say. One by one everyone started introducing their names and finally I was able to embrace my friends. I gave Lauren and Amy big hugs, I missed them I missed everyone and being here with them is everything to me. I turned to give Kelley and Christen a hug and everything feels right everything is finally falling back into place and I'm loving every moment of it.

I followed Tobin around as she showed me the drills we do, and she really was a big help here. She explained everything to me and soon enough I was able to catch on with everything.

After the training, I followed everyone to the locker rooms where they all showered and changed into regular clothes. Afterwards we all went back to the hotel where I met up with Dawn and Jill.

"Oh Alex! We are so happy to have you here and I'm glad you're fitting in nicely." Jill says. "Tobin has offered to be your roommate so we made a few adjustments on whose rooming with who but we managed to get it sorted out. I see you two are very close."

"Best friends preferably." I say with a smile. "But thank you."

I met up with Tobin as she was waiting for the elevator to come down. "Hey Lex!" Tobin says as she smiles at me.

"You know, I've really missed you Tobin, and I'm glad that I'm here with you and everyone." I say as we hop into the elevator.

"I'm happy you're here too Lex. And don't even get me started with missing you." Tobin says with a laugh as we finally reach  a floor and I follow Tobin out of the elevator. "We're roommates." Tobin says as she smiles at me and slides the key into the room.