Anythin' Puddin' - Prologue

A/N: Credit for the photo above does not go to me; it goes to whoever made it. Anywhore, enjoy!

"Puddin', you can't be goin' after the bat twenty-four-seven," Harley chastised. She ran the alcohol pad over his cut once more and finally covered it with gauze and medical tape.

"Harley, you know as well as I do that the bat has to be taken down," Joker argued. "I have to kill him."

"Well, for now, puddin', you need t' rest," she replied gently. She kissed his forehead and stood to go put the First Aid kit back where it belonged.

"I will kill it," he called to her irritably. "Batman will perish at my feet."

"But then who would be your playmate, hunnybunny?" Harley retorted, her voice chipper as she stepped back into the room. "It sure as hell ain't gonna be Superman or Wonder Woman. They're too easy for you," she added in a sultry tone, winking at him.

"God damn right, Harley Quinn, and you'd better hope you won't be my playmate," he remarked in an even darker tone. "Else you'd be bleeding in my bed."

Harley shifted silently, swallowing her sudden passionate pleasure down, scolding herself. Although she loved Joker's angry, bloodthirsty, lustful side, she needed to be sure not to tempt him too much. He tended to get...carried away.

Suddenly, Joker smiled widely. "Let's go put some smiles on their faces," he whispered in a throaty tone.

Harley smiled with him, picking up her bloodied bat off the couch. "Anythin' you say, Puddin'!"