13| Black Lace

Começar do início

I have two options, either I'll never know, or I'll find out one day. All it takes is patience. I sighed to myself. I've never been good with waiting.

I let out another sigh then went back to my work while sipping on a cappuccino. After writing for at least three hours at Jerry's my hand started to cramp up but I have never felt more satisfied.

After looking back over my more romantic poems I felt embarrassed. I sounded like a love-sick puppy--like Kenji. I cringed. I switched to writing a more violent poem, completely opposite of romance, when a book slammed down on the table making me jump.

I looked up to see a petite brown haired girl with and oversized sweatshirt and skirt. Her tights had a star print on them and her boots when up to her knee. I knew that eccentric style.

"Hello to you too, Sara," I murmured going back to my work.

"Allison," her eyes looked wild, "I am going crazy in this place. I need to get out."

I finished up a sentence then look back up to her. "And how are you planning on getting out? Hijacking a bus if frowned upon in America you know."

She rolled her eyes ignoring me. "Aaron told me he doesn't live too far from here so he probably just drove himself. Meaning, he has his own car here. Meaning, if we ask him nicely he will probably let us use it."

"Hijacking other people's vehicles is frowned upon too."

"Are you not listening?! I said if we asked him nicely, jeez," she pulled out a chair and sat across from me. "I am going stir-crazy and I need to get my mind off of this place. Besides, they are throwing a ball tomorrow night to announce the winner for the competition and I need a dress. I'm not wearing the same outfit that I wore to the dinner."

"You could wear the red dress that I borrowed," I suggested.

"It's not fancy enough. I need something new. More ball-ish."

I raised an eyebrow at her. "Ball-ish?"

She waved me off. "You get the point. I need to get out and a need a new dress. Are you in or not?"

I bit my lower lip looking down at my journal. "I'm not sure. I really need to focus on this poem and this is the last day to do it. Unlike you some of us are in the competition so this is pretty important," I gave her a pointed look to which she crossed her arms defensively. "Besides, I haven't heard from Aaron in awhile. Why do you think he would let us take his car?"

She shrugged. "He seems pretty cool about stuff like that. Anyway stop dissecting all of this and just say yes. I've been meaning to tell you this but since you've got here you've been kind of acting strange," I froze in my spot. "I don't know what's going on and I'm not going to pry, but whatever it is I bet it can be fixed with a little dress shopping," she flashed a big smile.

Sara had always been this way ever since I've known her. She was really hard to say no to and usually got her way. This was probably why she liked Kenji so much because saying 'no' to her was not in his vocabulary.

I sighed thinking back to what she had said. Have I really been that obvious? I was sure that secluding myself from her wouldn't raise any red flags, but I guess she knows me better than I thought. I guess there was no reason to really argue about it.

I closed my journal. "Fine," she squeaked happily but I held up my hand cutting her off her mini celebration. "But if Aaron says no then there is nothing else we can do about it."

"Okay," she nodded.

"And we are going straight to dress shop. No other store."

"Okay," she nodded again.