7| Vanilla

🍋WARNING🍋
Strong adult content ahead. Ye be warned.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After stumbling into the bedroom I realized that I was alone yet again. I briefly wondered where Sara was, but as I pulled out my phone I had a text from her explaining she was somewhere in the lobby talking to her parents now. It might take a while knowing how her mother loves to talk, so I figured I'd just call it a night.

Once I put my phone on the charger I peeled off Sara's dress and threw it to side freeing my body of its entrapment. I replaced it for my favorite cotton short-shorts and a white shirt feeling a hundred times better. I scrubbed off my makeup, threw my hair up in a messy bun and was prepared for sleep—only it didn't come once I hit the pillow.

Instead my mind was whirling around all the events today which was surprisingly a lot. Especially at the dinner. I cringed thinking about the feeling of Aaron's hands on me. Something about it just wasn't right.

I tossed and turned trying to battle for sleep but knew it wouldn't arrive anytime soon. Instead, I sat up, turned the light on, and reached for the leather journal in my backpack. Within seconds I was pouring out different sorts of poems onto the thin pages. Poems of regret, poems of sadness, poems of happiness, confidence, and determination. All of them flowed through me, into my pen, onto my page. After this morning with Dr. Andrews I really felt like he had provided me with enough advice to seriously improve my writing.

Dr. Andrews.

That man has my emotions on the biggest ride of their lives so far. I couldn't lie and say I didn't know what I was doing back there on the dancefloor or why. I knew I was deeply attracted to him, not that it would go anywhere. But one thing I learned after my high school graduation party is that my self-control goes out the window when I have anything to drink. I never cared much for the taste, but if I was honest it was the effects it had on me that really made me avoid it.

I tried to steer it back to the task at hand and focus on my work. I wasn't completely sober now, but I was well enough to write.

As usual when writing I get so engulfed my surroundings get tuned out and time seizes to exist. I was writing for such a long I almost didn't hear my phone go off. I looked at the caller ID recognizing the number. I pressed the 'SEND' button and placed it up against my ear to answer.

"Sara?"

"Hey," came her chipper voice. "Are you asleep right now?"

"If I was asleep I wouldn't have answered."

Her laughter rang through the receiver. "Right! Right. Anyways," she cleared her throat, "guess what? I was in the lobby after talking to my parents when I ran into Aaron again. He was looking for you."

I suddenly felt sick to my stomach. The memory of his hot breath on my neck returned and I shivered, not in a good way.

"Oh yeah?" was all I could say.

"Mmhmm. Apparently you ran off."

I paused trying to gather what to say. "I, uh, got really tired. I was going to tell him but I guess it slipped my mind. I had a lot to drink you know."

Well it wasn't exactly a lie.

"Yeah, that's what I told him," she let out a long sigh. "Anyway, I'm going to hang out over here at his room with a few other people. We are playing poker soon and I know how much you love it so you should join!"

I thought about it for a second but quickly shot it down. "I would but I'm seriously tired."

"Oh come on!" she moaned. "It's our senior year! We need to live a little. Not many can say that they got into this convention and even fewer can say that they can stayed up playing poker in a fancy hotel. We'll even put a little literature theme in it to make it more exciting and appropriate for you."