three.

"Wait," dad called just before I could open the front door.

"Yes?" I inquired, not bothering to turn around.

"Remember what I told you?"

I groaned. "Yes, dad. I know not to use my powers in school, I've got it."

"It's not just about not using it; you need to control it, Lana." He corrected. "Don't worry, love. It'll get easier."

"Doubt it." I muttered before opening the door and stepping out into the sun.

I was dressed accordingly to the warm weather today, in a floral dress that barely reached my knees and a buttoned up denim flannel. Although I wasn't sure if the weather here would drastically change in short notice.

My parents bought me one of those electric cars that are supposed to help save the environment because they knew I'd be able to recharge it by myself but I decided on walking to school today. It wasn't too far, just a couple of blocks out and besides, I was too anxious for my new school to make sure I gave the right amount of power out. If I forced it, I might blow the car up.

I shook my head to rid myself of the thoughts and when I looked up I already arrived at my new school.

Home of the Lions
Pinehearst High School

I took a deep breath. Okay, this was it. I forced myself to walk to the doors with my head down, praying that I wouldn't bump into anyone and avoid prying eyes.

It went smoothly enough. It was just your typical high school; everybody was friendly and most importantly, none of the students made a move to talk to me unless I spoke to them first. Thank god they were giving me space.

It was break time now, and I used it to locate my locker since I was struggling with how heavy my backpack was. Wow, I thought, it would have been more convenient if having super strength was included in my powers. I stuffed half of my books into my locker and the other half into my backpack. I pulled one strap over my shoulder, closed my locker and turned around just to see a boy being thrown on the ground by a bigger kid named Brad who was in one of my classes. Being a pacifist, I dropped my bag and strode over to them, moving quicker when I saw that the kid on the floor raised his hand up in a similar manner I would if I was about to use my powers. I jumped in between them, crouching next to the boy on the floor and placed a hand over his outstretched one, lowering it and giving him a disapproving look. His green eyes scanned my face and nodded, clenching his jaw.

I stood back up and faced the bully. "What was that for?!" I yelled, pushing him back.

"He was looking at my girlfriend! What is it to you?" He raised his voice slightly.

I balled up my fists. This was it? He threw another boy on the floor because he was staring at his girlfriend?! This guy was stupid.

"Really?!" I asked in disbelief. "Well, I'm looking at you now and well, there isn't much to see." I sassed.

The lights flickered on and off, sending the hallway into temporary darkness. My mood was getting the best of me and I struggled to control the current pulsing through my veins. A hand gripped my shoulder and I snapped out of it. As soon as I did, the lights came back on and I met the confused stare of Brad. He shook his head, gave me a glare and walked away. I glared daggers at his back, debating on whether or not I send him a little static bolt to mess up his perfectly brushed back hair.

No. I sighed to calm my nerves and proceeded to retrieve my bag, fully aware of how the kid that I saved was staring intently at me. I didn't mind him as I started to make my way back to class.