two.

I went downstairs to find my parents in the TV room, watching the news intently. It showed a building on fire and the reporter was talking but I tuned her out, focusing on the address written at the bottom of the screen. My eyes traveled towards the small table beside the couch where a small piece of paper was. I didn't need to read it again to find out that it was the same address of the burning building.

My mother looked up at me, teary eyed and somewhat terrified. She got up and strode towards me, hugging me tight. "Thank god, you didn't go."

I stood stiffly, not knowing how to react. Near death experiences weren't new to me, but that didn't mean it got easier every time. I held my hand out in the direction of the television and cut the electricity flowing to it, turning it off. I stared at the floor silently after mom pulled away, not knowing what to say.

About eight people were burned inside. All Evos. My chest tightened at the thought that I could have easily been one of those people. Then tears prickled at the edges of my eyes but I refused to let them fall. Mumbling a silent prayer for the lost lives, I looked between my parents and gave them a somber look before darting up the grand staircase two steps at a time. I the door to my room and sat on my bed, staring at my shaking fingers that started to emit sparks. I clenched my fists and concentrated. Soon the sparks disappeared but left a tingling feeling in my fingertips. Getting them to stop was easy, but controlling them was the hard part, especially if I was driven by a strong emotion.

I lay still in my bed and turned off the lights, causing the room to fill with darkness. I held my hand out and sent the sparks flying again, this time they weren't going in random directions, but changed in size and brightness and going to their respective places in the universe. In seconds I had a replica of the entire Milky Way galaxy floating above my head.

And that night I fell asleep feeling safe as the celestial beings hovered over me in protection.