16.00

dedication: sunshinehemmings

mikes pov

after that night, i haven't been seeing calum as much. he has been stopping by occasionally but not as often as he use to. i also haven't been seeing luke lately, i don't have much to assume here.

as i walked into the cafe i saw luke and ashton sitting across each other. i furrowed my eyebrows in confusion as i walked over.

"Hey Mike." ashton chirped, looking up at me.

"Uh.. hey. Why is he here?" i questioned.

the blue eyed boy chuckled a bit, "I was waiting for Cal and he was here. Decided I didn't want to wait alone."

i nodded slowly as i sat down next to my best friend.

"It's okay Mikey, you're still my bestie." he teased, pinching my cheek.

i slapped his hand away and heard luke laughing in the background. "I was just confused. I'm surprised anyone wants to be your friend."

he hit the back of my head and pouted, "You are so mean to me."

"You guys are cute." i heard another voice say, looking up i saw calum towering over my sitting figure.

i felt ashton throw his arm over my shoulder. "Well duh."

i rolled my eyes and opened my laptop. i logged in and pulled my google docs, starting to work on ashton's assignment.

calum sat down next to luke, being directly across from me.

"Where were you? You're like twenty minutes late." the blond lad mumbled.

"Doesn't concern you." he retaliated, leaning back in his chair.

luke rolled his eyes and contiuned to drink his coffee.

"Why are you being a bitch to him?" my best friend spoke up.

my eyes widen and i nudged ash in the stomach.

the raven haired boy raised his eyebrow and replied calmly. "I don't think our conversation includes you."

"He's still your friend. If you keep being an asshole he may not want to be your friend anymore." he sneered at calum.

luke stayed silent and kept drinking his coffee, paying no mind to what ashton was saying.

"Ashton, stay out of it." i warned.

"I'm just saying."

calum remained quiet, only got up to go order something. i sighed and followed him.

"Sorry about him..." i mumbled, my eyes trained onto my shoes.

cal shrugged and put his hands in his pockets. "Don't apologize for him being childish."

"I know but still." i said, kicking at my feet.

he chuckled a bit and shook his head, "You're adorable." he said his voice dripping in monotone. it almost hurt. i'll never admit that it hurt more than that.

"Well I try." i replied with a wide grin on my face.

"I feel like you'd own a shirt that says, 'it's tough work being this cute'."

"I wanted one but Ashton wouldn't let me get it. That and because it was for a toddler."

he cracked small smile, the barista called a quick, 'next!'

instead of calum stepping up i did, "One chai latte and a cold brew."

"Cold brew. Haven't had one of those in a while." he said looking forward.