10.00

A/N sorry for taking forever, things have been happening. I just realized this story may have a sad ending (fluff will be coming soon) (THANKS FOR OVER 1K READS OMG)

dedication: fivesecondsofsheeran (one of my fav writers )

mikes pov

Ever since that day i haven't stayed at the cafe. it felt weird knowing he trusted me. granted that is all i wanted from him. but he is still trusting me and i still know nothing about him.

i still can't read him.

i shrugged it off and continued to sip my iced coffee.

as i expected, he walked in. i smiled a bit as he came over to where i was sitting.

"Hey." he said.

my grin grew wider as he took a seat. "Hi there."

his eyes scanned over my papers, "Do you ever do anything besides write?"

i gathered my papers together and put them in a folder. "Maybe."

"I like you." he casually stated.

i nearly choked on my drink. "Pardon?"

"You're cool to be around I guess. I only hang around Lucifer so it's nice to have a change."

"If you give me your number you can hang around me a lot more."

i was pacing around my apartment cleaning things and tidying up.

everything is already clean.
but he is coming.

i can't believe i'm going to hang out with calum. just me and him.

i heard the coffee machine signal that the pot was brewed. i went into the kitchen and poured the black goodness into two cups. i brought the cups into the living room, setting them down.

shortly after i put things down, i heard three quick knocks on my door.

i looked over at the mirror and fixed my red hair, took in a deep breath then opened the door to reveal a raven haired boy.

he walked in and looked around, taking everything in. he walked to each corner of the room, stopping in front of the big window that looks over the neighbor hood.

and i watched every move he made.

his hands are in his pockets, he is probably not comfortable here yet.

his heels aren't touching the floor, confirming he isn't comfortable yet.

his face is scrunched up, maybe in deep thought.

"I smell coffee." he said as he cleared his throat, breaking me away from my thoughts and turning back to me.

i pointed over at the coffee table where the two cups rested. "I made some. Figured you'd like it."

he walked over to the couch and sat down. slowly picking up the green colored mug.

"You have a lot of books." he commented, sipping the black liquid.

"Well thanks. Can I ask you something?" i questioned, taking a seat next to him.

"Already did." he smirked as he set his cup down.

i rolled my eyes. "Thanks smart ass. Why are you so.. distant?"

he furrowed his eyebrows a bit and focused his eyes on the table in front of him.

the room was filled with deafening silence as i waited for his plump lips to annunciate something.

"Because people suck." he uttered, folding his hands on his lap.

"I don't suck do I?" i said, trying to brighten the mood.

"Ah maybe a little." he commented.

"Aren't you sweet. But all people don't suck."

"From what I know they're all awful. Can I smoke in here?" he quickly changed the subject.

"We can go out to the balcony?" i asked. did i stress him out so he needed a smoke?

"That works." he muttered as he pulled out a pack of cigarettes from his back pocket and opened the balcony doors.

i followed and put my hands in the pocket of my hoodie.

he brought the stick up to his lips and cupped his hands around it and he lite it.

i watched as he slowly took it in and let the smoke fall from his lips. he then looked over at me and held the stick out to me.

"You can try it if you want to." he mumbled.

i shook my head and leaned against the railing. "I just like watching you."

"If you weren't hot that would've been really creepy."he chuckled.

i laughed a bit and watched as rain started to pour over the city.

i watched him take a seat on the cement floor and i sat next to him.

and as we watched the rain our hand some how intertwined.

even though we barely spoke today, i knew we made a connection.

i knew there was something.

he pressed the bud against the railing to put it out and leaned against me.

i wrapped my arms around him, not being hesitant this time and rested my chin on his shoulder.

and i swear i heard him say.

"You're the only person that doesn't suck."