Jet pulled on some loose jeans before leaving, I couldn’t help but to sigh. I scurried to the end of the bed and grabbed my clothes before yanking them all on, they were all crinkled and dirty now…

 I ran my hair through my knotty hair before pulling the blanket up over my cold feet, I felt all bubbly inside and wished that this had of happened in a nice place… But at the same time, I didn’t mind… It still felt good and right.

 -To my alarm those feelings all managed to drain out of me in the second I heard a noise- It sounded the same as that night in the palace, when Rowan had left, except it as much closer.

I froze for less than a second before I got to my feet, I grabbed straight for the two guns on the armchair before dashing to a spot behind the door.

Oh god… Please… I held both guns in shaking hands, until the door flew open, I almost screamed but stopped myself once I noticed it was Jet.

  He grabbed his gun from me, and leant down to grab his blouse, “Get ready.” He said quietly before grasping my free hand in his.

I couldn’t help my trembling, Jet kept himself in a defensive way, always in front.

 He walked me slowly to the door that led to the main part of the tavern, the gunshots were loud and I flinched every time.

Jet turned to me quickly, “Stay behind me and don’t scream, whatever you do.” He said sternly, I swallowed before nodding, my eyes were obviously big.

  Jet shoved the door open and the gunshots were louder than ever, He pulled me along quickly, always keeping me near a wall.

He fired a few shots before we were standing right next to Todd and Beau, both barricaded by the bar.

 I took in my surroundings, the bar tender’s limp body hung across the bar with multiple shots in his chest and blood staining his neat white shirt.

Around the bar some of the men from earlier were lying around, and at the other side of the tavern were four men in uniform, with guns pointed at us.

  Jet looked to Beau quickly and I knew what he was going to say, “Get Vicky out of here!” He spat out,

 Beau looked down to me before taking my hand from Jet’s, it was the last thing I wanted to do.

 “Trust me.” He said quietly,

In an instant shots were being fired from everywhere, and Beau was tugging me along, using everything as a shield until we got close to the door.

   I gave Jet and Todd one last look, both of them were focussed on killing their targets…

Beau threw me through the door, out into the street, before he started running.

“Don’t stop, and keep yourself hidden if we run into any trouble.” He ordered as he pulled me along the dark street.

  To my horror, a shot was fired from behind us, it hit the wall next to Beau who turned quickly, throwing me behind a dumpster.

The man in the uniform held his gun, straight in front, Beau’s eyes were pinned to him and his gun following the man’s actions.

  “Just give me the Sommerset girl and I won’t shoot you.” He said sternly,

A smile rose on Beau’s lips and he shook his head, “Like hell, I know the way you fellas work.” He said slyly and took a measured step back.

In less than a second the man in uniform had lashed out and belted Beau, who toppled down- In another instant, I don’t know how or why either, I was jumping up from behind the dumpster, firing two shots from my gun.