I took a deep breath, letting the information sink in. So, just by not causing any trouble, Ash was going be released early? That was an interesting thing to consider. Although, what would I do when I left this place? Of course I would prioritise my daughter, Copeland, over anything but, with how things have been going recently, there was no chance in me ever contacting her. If I had to serve the full 15 years, she would be 17 when I leave. I would never watch her grow up, like I'd always dreamed of doing. Even if we do ever meet, she would only think of me as a disgusting, inhumane disaster who did not have the right to live.

"What are you actually in here for?" I blurted out, curiosity getting the best of me. Ashley's face went blank and that was when I knew I had fucked up. "I'm sorry, you don't h-have to answer that, I was just wondering about it an-and..."

My little ramble was cut short by Ash's melodic chuckle.

"Armed robbery," he said with such carelessness, as if it was an everyday thing. And that honestly scared me. "It was me and two of my best buds," the man carried on, "Andy and Jake. We planned on robbing a jewellery shop. It was going well and we were basically about to leave, and not empty handed, when one of the workers decided to play hero and threw himself onto me. I panicked so I went to shoot him but Jake, that fucking idiot, forgot to load the guns before we left. When everyone realised that we had no real weapons, it all kicked off in the wrong direction. And do you know the worst part? Jake, the one who was the cause of everything, got away and Andy and I got arrested. Even though we didn't have any bullets, it was still technically armed robbery."

"Wow," my eyes were wide. "And where's this Andy guy?"

"Dead. He tried to escape from here and got fried on the electric fence."

"Oh." I gulped. If, earlier on, I had any intentions of trying to escape, they all fled my mind at this particular moment. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked."

"It's alright. Andy was kind of a prick," Ashley mused, "but he was still sexy as fuck."

"What?" I quickly retorted in shock.

"I like guys. You got a problem with that?" He asked, getting defensive and I shook my head aggressively.

"No, no! It's just that...I've never met a guy who likes other guys and it's...well, different."

And it was true. I had never come across a man who was sexually attracted to the same gender. In a way, that topic had never crossed my mind. It was kind of like a 'let them be who they want to be' thing, which I never got involved in. I hardly even thought about men, when I had two wonderful girls at home who I gave all of my attention to. Obviously that was not the case anymore, which led me to take more notice of the world around me. And right now, the world around me was full of men.

I was also extremely relieved that Ash did not ask me my original question, because I was not keen on anybody finding that out. If people knew, they would hate me even more. Now, judging by how they looked at me, they probably thought that I was just in the wrong place, at the wrong time and I was an innocent man (which was partly true). They looked at me like I was a child who had gotten into trouble, because I simply did not fit in. I was a short, skinny, sad guy who happened to have a mentally unstable wife, who decided to ruin his life. There was not much more to it.

"So, we came all the way over here for a reason," Ash changed the subject and I turned to look at him. "Do you still want to know about Vi..?"

He voice trailed off and he sharply stared ahead, his eyes wider than oranges. I decided to follow his gaze, wondering what had made him so uncomfortable and, honestly, I wished that I hadn't. Heading straight towards us, was none other than the walking nightmare of Irongate Prison: Victor Fuentes. And he did not look happy.