A Little Surprise

Start from the beginning

"Enjoying the view?" He asked as a smile grew on his face. 

I nodded, "Yeah. I am." I admitted. Might be the last time I ever get to admit that to him. 

He laughed, "Want to tocuh?" He opened is arms wide and sent me a wink. How the fuck could I have hurt him so bad? With out hesitation, I fell into his embrace. I shut my eyes and took in his smell; cologne and beer. "Why do I feel something is wrong with you?" He asked, holding me so tightly. I wanted to say nothing is wrong, because nothing is ever wrong in his arms... But there was. 

I shrugged, "I don't know. I guess I just really missed you and now being here is all I could ask for." 

"I'm not going anywhere, neither are you. Do you understand me?" He pulled away from me and sat down. "I'm here for good. I've worked so hard to get you and I plan on keeping you for a long, long while. I'm working on what happened-"

"I know." I said sitting on his lap. "I just-" I was interrupted by his phone going off. I saw the caller-ID reading 'Dad'. He needed some privacy. "I'll be in the front." 

"Alright. Come get me when we're there. Give me a kiss." He puckered up and pressed his lips to mine, giving me a quick kiss. 

I got up and left the area. I at least had some time to think when I'd tell Brian. 

Brian's POV

"How's McKenna?" I asked my dad as we spoke on the phone. 

As much as I love being on tour, I miss my loving family. Specially my little sister. 

"She's fine. She's actually with her friends right now. We let her sleep over, so she's pretty much fucking us over." My dad laughs. 

"Ah, youth. The good old days." 

"How's tour? Did you like your little surprise?" 

I knew my dad was referring to Jackie. But I didn't like my surprise, I LOVED it. "Obviously! I'm really happy she's here. I've missed her so much dad. I think... I think I wanna ask her to marry me." 

"What!?" My dad was quick to ask. "Why?! Brian, it's too soon. You two are still working things out. You cheated on this girl. You have to build her trust back up from the ashes." 

"But I know what I feel for this girl." I said laying down on the couch, with my feet on a pile of dirty clothes. We hardly, if ever wash on tours like this. "I really want to be one with her." 

"No." 

"Why?!" 

"Brian, she was in the public eye with Jesse! You know how bad it'll look if you propose to her and then on all these internet junkie websites you see 'Months Later: Jaqueline Baker 'Jesse Jetson's Ex Fiancee' Engaged to Synyster Gates, Lead Guitarist of Avenged Sevenfold'? You can't do that to her, son." 

A buzzing noise from under was annoying the shit out of me. I sat up and saw Jackie's phone recieving numerous texts. I hesistated to open them. She has a right to privacy... But they were all from Andrew. Why would he bother bugging her if she's on vacation? 

"I know dad." I said with my finger on the open button, holding it down. "Tour's great though." 

"Nice way to change the subject, fuck head. Pinkly tore my curtains, I hope you know that." 

Nah, I shouldn't open it. I thought to myself. "Sorry. She's a pup-" 

i need you back here. its important. i cant do this alone. not with the divorce and now you leaving. lets put that night behind us okay? 

you even stopped yourself because of bri. please jacqueline. im going insane. 

"You there?" My dad asked. I shook my head... She cheated on me... Or so I assumed. "Brian?" I couldn't speak... I couldn't find the words to say, to think, to do anything. "This bastard fell asleep." I heard my dad tell Suzy, in which she replied 'then hang up'. 

"Dad, can I like call you later? I have something to take care of."  

He sighed, "Yeah. Love you son." 

"Yeah." I said, then hung up. I continued to read the rest of the texts from the previous nights but not before locking the door. 

Andrew: dont reply to me its not like i care anyways

Jackie: you do realize what i did is considered cheating right

Andrew: he doesnt have to know about anything. im sure hes not nosy.

Jackie: he isn't but thats not the point. 

Andrew: will you be in on monday?

jackie?

jaqueline please respond.

im going crazy with out you here talking to me about this. 

i cant deal with this alone

Jackie: leave me alone. 

I felt hurt. I felt betrayed. I felt used. I felt... alone. I also felt tears escaping my eyes... If tears ever meant love, then I am absolutely in love with her. 

I guess my dad was right... I shouldn't be thinking about marrying her anytime soon, or ever.

Suddenly, a knock at the door stratled the shit out of me. "What?" 

"We're here man." Arin said from the other side of the door. 

"Okay. There I go." 

Once the bus came to a stop, I took Jackie's phone, shut it off and hid it. I trusted Jackie, and I trust she will tell me the truth. Even if it takes all year to tell me, its better to hear it from the source rather than rumors... 

I exited the bus, holding Jackie's hand as if nothing ever happened and as if I never read anything. It hurt. Holding her hand was painful. How could she act like nothing happened... Then it made sense. 

That's why she's here... She probably quit her job. She probably cut me slack on cheating because she was cheating herself.

 I have to catch her in the act of all of this but how? 

We ended up eating a nice dinner at a local Carrow's Resturant. There was no drama, but I did find it rather hard to eat while there's something on my nose. 

"How are we parting this check? Each pay for our own food?" Johnny asked, pulling his wallet out. 

I grabbed his wallet from his hands and looked inside, only to be surprised that he was loaded. "Wow. Why don't you just pay for all our food?" 

"Because I'm saving up for something, dick. Now everyone pay for your food." Johnny said, slamming a twenty dollar bill on the table. 

"Jackie, do you think you can pay and I'll transfer some funds into your account right now?" Valary asked, looking through her bag. "I only have my card."

Jackie nodded and began looking through her own bag, "Yeah. Let me just get my phone so I can give you the account number." In a matter of seconds she went into panic mode. "My phone. Where's, where's my phone?" 

I shrugged, taking a sip of the raspberry iced tea, "Beats me." 

"Brian, don't fuck with me like this. Give me my phone right now." 

"I don't fucking have it Jackie." I said, raising my voice a bit. 

"Brian, just give it to her. Stop fucking around like that. We have to leave and you're being a dick." Matt added. 

I widened my eyes, as if speaking to him through them. "I don't have it." I sternly informed him. 

Meanwhile, Jackie, still looking everywhere for her phone was almost in tears. "Brian. If you're going to be doing this-" 

"I'll pay, here." I slapped fifty dollars on the table and shot up from my seat. I was getting annoyed. It's only obvious she was hiding something.