Chapter 10: Ice Cream Snow Balls

Start from the beginning

“What on earth is going on in here?!” the new voice screeched.

She raised a shaking finger at us, her lip wobbling in distress as she refused to look at the mess of her self-service. “ I don’t know who you think you are! Coming into my shop and ruining my property, not only that you have caused distress amongst my customers. You should be ashamed of yourselves, using my precious ice cream as snowballs. I’m going to call the police and have you both arrested for vandalising.” She announced as she patted her pockets in search of a mobile.

Her cheeks where red with anger and I nudged Kyle forward.  “Uh, Mrs Shakes,” I mentally slapped myself at Kyle’s choice of words, like she was called that. “My name is Kyle Reece, you may have heard of me.”  He smiled, outstretching his hand as he brushed his dirtied hair from his face.

The lady stopped searching through her pockets as she looked up at Kyle face. She didn’t even hesitate as he placed her delicate hand in his, accepting his handshake.

I pulled a face and in a mocking voice, repeated Kyle, “My name is Kylie Reece, you may have herd of me, aka god.” I laughed at my own joke and straightened up in annoyance when the pair didn’t even acknowledge me.

“Calling the police won’t solve anything, I’m sorry for the inconvenience we have caused, can you forgive me?” he questioned and I almost pulled an Oscar from his ass.

The lady spluttered for a couple of seconds, her cheeks a dark shade of scarlet form fading anger as she looked at him. “Oh my, is it really you Mr Reece? How is your father?  Um, this is still a crime and I have to report it…” she trailed off when Kyle clasped his other hand around hers.

“It’s okay, you don’t have to do that as my father probably already knows, and about the fact I almost tripped over some spilt milkshake when walking in. That could have been dangerous, right?” I chocked on my saliva at Kyle’s threat that was said in such a light hearted tone.

At his words, the lady paled and grabbed Kyle hands, inspecting him. “Oh my! Are you okay? I'm sorry, oh my look at me I'm blushing, is it really you?!” she gushed, as I watched wide eyed as she played along and pretended to fall apart in his hands.

I slapped a hand to my forward to how foolish this lady was being, did she have no dignity? Be a woman, fight back! Deciding to lighten the conversation, I muttered sarcastically, “No, it’s his frigging look-a-like, Jesus Christ lady.” I huffed as I threw my hands in the air and brought them down with a loud slap against my dirtied thighs.

Kyle narrowed his eyes as he looked at me form other his shoulder, “Gweneviere.” He muttered in a warning tone.

Smiling, I walked up to him and stood next to him, I offered the manager a sweet smiled before pinching Kyle’s cheek and cooing,  “Ah, what’s the matter pumpkin?”

Kyle tried swatting my hand away like a fly but I just cooed louder as I smiled at him. He offered me one more glare before turning back to the woman with a charming smile, the transformation giving me whiplash. “As I was saying, we didn’t mean to cause any trouble.” His voice was kind and I shook my head trying not to fool for it. I snickered as she looked down slightly flustered.

He has to be joking, she practically forty, there is no way she will fool for his stupid charm!

The woman, gulped seeming unsure of herself as she looked down and back at his face, I watched as her mask began to falter. “Well...” she stared into his eyes and I silently cursed. Don’t look into his eyes old woman! Save yourself while you still can because he’s the male version of Medusa, one look in his eyes and BAM you’re under his spell. When she stuttered on her words I wanted to punch myself in the face.