Night to remember

SOOO SRRY I TOOK SO LONG TO UPLOAD!!!! Summer has been such a journey since we been out and I've been trying to take care of college things first then turn to my book for relaxation but ne way back to the book. I know you will enjoy. 

~~~~~~~~nene's POV~~~~~~~~~~ 

I turned it slowly and opened the door to find.........................................to find a dark room and absolutely nothing.  

Putting my head down in disappointment of failure I decided that maybe this was all a joke and I should just head back to the dance. 

~~~~~~~~~Joe's POV~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

A smiled appeared on my face to see that she was reacting the exact way I wanted her to and the fact that she didn't know she was starring me right in the face made me snicker inside. 

I seen lil mama turn around to head back to the dance exactly how I thought she would so I took action. 

"WHAT THA..." she started when I grabbed her arm. 

Cutting her off before she could say anymore, I quickly apologized for startling her and pulled her inside. 

I could tell she was still a little scared but she knew I wasn't going to hurt her by the smile displayed on her face. 

"Stay right here ma and don't move" I told her placing her by the door as I started my little surprise. 

I lit a match and lit candle after candle until there was a big heart stretched and displayed across the room floor giving me enough room to do all the things I had planned for her throughout the night. 

"Joe this is... you did...I can't..." She said. 

I walked over to her, grabbed her hand, and lead her to the middle of the heart. 

"You like it ma" I said smiling at her and feeling nervous just as much as she was. 

"I love it but u really didn't have to do this Joe seriously" she stated. 

"I know ma, but it's been over a semester and no matter how much I tried showing you and telling you how much I liked you, it seemed like you brushed me off every time. So I thought this would catch a little of your attention at least long enough to tell you my true feelings for you." I said letting it come from deep down in my heart. 

I never felt so emotional in my life especially about a girl but she was different. It was something about her that made me want to keep trying till I got her or at least till she told me she didn't want nothing to do with me and actually mean it. 

"Joe this...I didn't mean to ignore you but I have had my heart torn apart and broken to many times and I just don't want to have to go down that road again. Don't get me wrong you are the coolest boy I have met and you kill me with hella kindness but that's how it usually start out so I thought that if I ignored you that you would back off and I wouldn't fall for you like I have been. I hope you understand..." she said with just as much emotion as I did. 

"Nene I know you have probably heard this a million times but Ima tell you like it is and let you take it how you want because obviously I can't stop the way you feel. Nene don't you know I will never hurt you or disrespect you." I said lifting her chin and making her stare me straight in the eyes so she would know I meant every word I say. "I'm not like these other want to be dudes out here, and you have to realize that there is still just a handful of us good guys out there." I said meaning it all. 

She turned her face to look the other way, but I just had to be real with her. 

"Nene, look at me" I said grabbing her face gently and turning it towards me.