Confusion

The note read...."Tonight you will experience a maze towards romance." 

I thought in my head "what the heck does this mean"as I gazed up to catch him smirking while doing his work. 

I looked back down to re-read the letter but then a peice of folded up paper fell out the bottom. 

Reading the letter again I noticed at the bottom it read "dont read the folded paper until 8:30 tonight." 

It took all my strength and dignity to obey his rules and trust his words. 

I folded the letter back up and stuck it in the zip part of my bag. 

As the teacher continued his lesson, I could'nt stop thinking about what the letter meant. 

I thought, and thought, and thought some more but could'nt come up with anything. 

My thinking got interupted by the bell so I gathered my books and rushed out the door so I would'nt get caught in hall traffic on my way to my locker. 

Not paying attention I bumped into the person in front of me dropping all of my papers and books. 

I quickly apologized and bent down to pick them up when I seen this figure come around me and bend down to help. 

Looking up slowly my heart begin to race when I sat there face to face with Joe staring right at me. 

I felt my face heating up as I quickly snapped my gaze back to my books and papers that were scattered every where. 

Trying so hard to open my mouth and force out the words "thank you" just didn't seem to work out so well. 

I gathered the rest of my books and papers then organized them into there right folders. 

I stood up, took a few deep breaths then finally spoke, "Thank you so much ummm....Joe right?" 

"Yea ma it's Joe and you're welcome sweetheart." 

Feeling a blush coming I quickly spoke, "Yea thanks again" then started walking off. 

He grabbed my hand as I froze from his action and said "sorry if I scared you, but I wanted to know what you thought about the letter." 

I couldn't tell him that I was confused and didn't know what it meant so boldly I said " I rather show you than tell you" 

Shamefully I walked closer to him and gave him a shy kind of tight hug then walked off quickly. 

I could tell that he was smiling and suprised by the way he stood their froze in the middle of the hallway. 

A smile slowly appeared on my face as i walked to my next class not having a chance to stop at my locker and drop off my books. 

Then I heard someone scream down the hall while running, "ma wait up...hold tight hold tight." 

My smile banished as I turned my focus to the person yelling my name. 

I should have known it was Joe because he's the only one that calls me ma like he's my child or something which I kinda find cute. 

He had finally made it to where I was then he asked "what class you have next ma?" 

I had to remember that they had just switched us to block schedule and today was even day then I thought and replied, "yearbook." 

He grinned trying hard to hold back his smile and said "me to. How about I walk with you." 

I looked at him with a smile and said "thats kewl" 

Then he asked "And is it kewl if I sit with you to, I really dont know anyone or talk to anyone, and so far your the only one iv'e had the guts to meet. 

I thought about then replied, "Idk i'll think about it and they are probally gonna give us seatting arrangements like last period." 

He smiled again then said "Well hopefully they will put us by each other again." 

I thought about what he said and smiled as we walked the rest of the way to class in silence. 

We entered the class finding every desk to be empty..no students no teacher. 

Looking out our schedules we both double checked to make sure we had the right room number. 

I looked behind the door to find a sign that read "seniors dont forget that you go home after first period. 

I looked at Joe and then he looked behind the door, read the sign and shook his head for the same reason I did. 

"How the heck I forget about this, well I guess I better get going and rest up for later." 

"Yea me to" he said in a dissapointing voice. 

I looked at him in confusion the said "I'll see you later then." 

I started walkin off until he asked "How you getting home ma, you know I wont mind walking you home if you walk. I wanna make sure you get home safely you know." 

Laughing and smiling at his kind words, I pulled out my keys, jingled them, turned around walked off and said "Im more cute on wheels than in heels srry but ya girl got a ride." 

He looked at me and said "WORD, thats whats up ma, well I dont wanna hold you up so ima let you get going and ima get walking before it get to hot." 

Ohhhh nooo nene dont even think about asking this boy you barely even know if he want a ride. Why am I even thinking this? Nene put yourself in his position, what if you didnt have a ride home you know you would ask him? 

OK nene, ask him. Here goes nothing "Hay Joe, would you like a ride home." 

"Ma thats asking to much from you, I dont mind walking home but thanks sweetheart." 

Man that got my cheeks on fire when he called me sweetheart "Look Joe I really dont mind taking you home it's no biggie and plus I would have asked you for a ride if i had to walk" i said sweetly. 

"Ok ma you can take me home this one time but I really dont mind walking." he said. 

"Ok well lets go, tell me where you live and ill take you." i said. 

Moments later we arrived at his house which didn't look half bad. 

He reached in his pocket and grabbed twenty dollars to hand to me for gas or whatever i wanted to spend it on but I couldn't except it because it was my treat but he left it in the seat said his goodbyes and went into his house. 

I put the money in the armholder and drove home. 

Mom must have been took off early because her car was in the drive way and she never got off in the day. 

I walked in the house to see her lounging on the couch wrapped in cover. 

I walked up to her and asked her was she ok. 

She looked at me and said, "Im fine sweety why you ask?" 

"I thought maby u had come home early because you didn't feel good."I asked. 

"No they sent me home because they said i had been working to hard and that I needed some time to rest so they gave me the weekend off." she said tiringly. 

"ok mama i love you, get some rest because you look tiiirreeedd, and tonights the homecoming so ill be back in when its over" i said. 

She looked at me, smiled and nodded than I headed up stairs set my alarm to six O'Clock, layed down and closed my eyes but quickly opened them when I heard my mom talking to a familiar voice down stairs." 

"Lord please dont let that be who I think it is." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

So most of you think you know who's at the door but dont be to quick to think. 

I love making you think haha but any way I love writing this but there is so much I wanna say but I dont want to reveal it all at one time. 

Make sure you keep updating so you wont miss any details. YAAAAAAY AND ONLY ONE WEEK TILL SENIOR TRIP. cOMMENT AND VOTE PLZ THX.