•#5• Stitches

"Got a feeling that I'm going under
But I know that I'll make it out alive
If I quit calling you my lover
Move on " 

--Shawn Mendes, Stitches

* * *

From: Lissa Seeley Madden.

October 24th

My dear Rockstar,

Disney movies were always my own little addiction, I wanted my life to be a fairytale, although it can't. But there was this particular night when some twisted version of Tangled played in front of my eyes, only that a tree beside my 'super high' tower took my 'super long' hair's role to help my own Flynn Rider climb up...

LOSS CAN CHAGE YOU A LOT--You can even become a philosopher! It makes you think and see things in a million different ways.

I'm far from being the girl I was six years ago, I'm far from seeing the world the same way I did when I thought I would wake up to the smell of mom's breakfast every single morning, or that dad and I would always be sitting beside each other playing piano, but I never thought life had planned to end that routine I've learned to love so much.

But loss is normal, the only thing that changes is the lapse of time it takes to happen. In the post-accident months I was constantly waiting for it in silence, thinking that Rachel, Ethan, or even Nicolle would leave me just like my parents did. One day I realized it was really unhealthy for me and it was stupid to waste time thinking about something you can't avoid forever because it eventually catches up with you and the ones you love. We shouldn't get that attached to people, but we do anyway. We should listen when people or even your own self warn you about getting into something, but we get in anyway. We should know veryone will either hurt you or leave you, maybe both, but we care for them anyway. But those are the mistakes that makes us human, they make you more human than those who only betrayed you while you loved and trusted them, so crying over them for hours is not fair with us. I mean, it's your life you decide who you hurt and who you keep loving, simple, no one has any influence in that kind of decision.

 So I've made a promise to myself and maybe to Mom and Dad too. Whenever  I was heartbroken over anything, it will only last two days depressing me, tops. After that, I'll start moving on, or at least keep my walls up, even if in moments like this they get so weak they can break down in any second. I won't cry over others choices.

Britt made her choices, and betrayal hit me.

Aiden made his choices, and heartbreak smacked me.

But that wound would only be open for two days, tops and after that I would cover it with aa band-aid forever.

But even if I never listen to my own advices and those two days endes four days ago, I still can make my decision. There's an art in breaking hearts and mine won't be the top master piece. I refuse to.

That's my choice.

It was just an unfortunate coincidence that my birthday happened to be into my depression allowed days.

So here I am,  sitting on the roof leaning besides my bedroom window with my dad's guitar over my lap just laying under the stars like I always do when thoughts like this waltz into my mind because I can't play any melody with a guitar that's completely destroyed.

The sound of an engine makes me get out out of my so hated over thinking session and look down at Daniel--No, a very pissed off Daniel get off his motorcycle with his leather jacket and...