Where It All Began

(Y/N) POV:
When I arrived at the Blackwood pines cable car station, I spotted Sam and Chris at the shooting range.

Chris put the gun down after shooting at a sack filled with sand that was tied to a tree. He was bragging to Sam about what a great shot he was as I snuck up behind them.

I got as close as I could without them noticing me, and then I jumped on Chris's back and yelled "HEY GUYS!" Sam jumped and Chris screamed.

"(Y/N)! Hey!" Sam yelled and came up to give me a hug, "I feel like I haven't seen you in forever!" She said, trying to exaggerate.

"Yeah I know! 3 days is like forever to me too!" I joked.

"Jeez (Y/N), you scared the hell outta me!" Chris sighed a breath of relief.

I bowed and said "Thank you. Thank you. You know I try." we all laughed.

We walked towards the cable car station but when we got inside, the cable car was only about half way down the mountain. "I thought the car was closer." Sam sighed. "I'm starting to get the appeal of killing time at the shooting range. How long is this gonna take?" She asked.

Chris replied "It's a big mountain"

Sam stared out into the mountain "yeah. It's so beautiful in the day, but at night it just feels menacing. Like a sleeping giant." She mentioned.

Chris and I decided to check out the stations office. I spotted a poster that said 'Blackwood pines *hotel and sanatorium*'

"Chris. look at this. Isn't this weird?." I urged.

"What a crazy place to set up house. No matter how rich you are' He said.

Sam chimed in "They're not so rich. They only bought a mountain." both Chris and I went back to Sam and waited for the cable car.

"Hey did you see the monitor in there? That was odd. Why is there a camera fixed on the lodge?" He asked me.

I shrugged. "I have no idea, but that is really strange."

When the car finally arrived we got on. Chris started talking, but I didn't really listen because he was explaining the butterfly effect to Sam and he had already told me like 3 times. The butterfly effect was how even the littlest choices you make in your life can affect the course of your future.

When we got off of the cable car, the station door was locked. We spotted Jessica walking around in front of the door. Chris knocked to get her attention.

Jess jumped, and then finally saw us "uggg what the hell?"

"We're stuck in this stupid thing." Chris said through the door.

Sam asked, "Can you please let us out? Pretty please?"

Jess opened up the door and we all stepped out. "Oh. My. God. I thought we were goners. Another ten minutes in there and I would have chewed off my own leg." Chris joked.

"Aw sick Chris!" Sam exclaimed. I laughed.

"Look I got a lot of meat on my bones." He looked down at his legs, "This is all muscles down here." He claimed.

Chris noticed a note in Jessica's hand, and swiped it from her. "Well, well, well... What do we have here" he said.

"Chris that isn't cool!" I argued.

He held up a finger to me "my goodness seems that someone has a lil' crush on our good friend and dear class president Michael Munroe."