Consequences

(Y/N) POV:
We saw an open door leading out of the theater. 'That's probably where Sam went... If the psycho didn't grab her yet.' I thought. I was about to walk through it, when Ashley pulled me to the side.

"I am so sorry, (Y/N)... I know that Josh was your best friend an-"she began apologizing.

I interrupted her, "Friend? Ashley, he was more than a friend to me... I loved him... He didn't know it, but I loved him...! And now I am never going to get the chance to tell him that because he's gone." I wiped tears from my face, and continued, "Look, Ash, it's not your fault. None of it. Don't beat yourself up. But can we just stop talking about it? Please...?"

Ashley stayed silent.

I drew a shaky breath and continued towards the door. "Now let's go find Sam."

We walked through the door and once all three of us were through the door shut by itself. "What the heck!" Ashley jumped.

Chris turned around and tried to open it back up but it was locked. "Looks like turning back is out of the question." I stated.

We tried the door straight ahead of us, but as soon as we opened it, it slammed shut before we could even see what was inside. "This is so eff-ed up!" Chris said.

The door to the left of us opened up all by itself. It was like something was leading us. "Woah!" I jumped. We stepped through the door and then Ash and I saw something unexplainable.

There was a figure. It looked like a girl with black hair wearing a white dress. Ashley stepped back and bumped into Chris, "Wait a minute. Did you just see that?" Ashley asked. I nodded my head.

Chris looked confused, "Uhh... Did I see what?"

"That, Chris. That." Ashley pointed in the direction of the figure.

"What 'that' was that?" Chris asked.

"It was like... A see through shape. Like a ghost." Ashley explained.

'That thing looked kind of familiar.' I thought.

"Oh boy."

"I'm serious." Ashley insisted. "Why don't you believe me I said I saw it, doesn't that count for anything?"

Chris tried to slow her down, "We've been through hell tonight. Okay? Your mind is fried. My mind is fried. I don't even trust what I've been seeing."

"Chris. Ash is telling truth I saw it too!" I blurted out.

Chris finally relented, "Alright alright. Maybe... It's... Maybe you guys did see something... Let's just keep our heads."

"Are we going crazy down here?" Ashley asked.

He looked at Ashley "It's the only place that Sam could be, ash."

"I wish we could just go find everyone else, and-" she confessed.

"Ash! What if Sam is in danger? We're not going to leave her here." I demanded.

"Oh god." She grumbled.

The door to the basement had opened up, and we walked down the stairs. The lights began to flicker which made me feel uneasy.

We heard a loud banging near the boiler and Ashley and I jumped. Then we saw something shoot off of a shelf all the way to the other side of the room, Chris nearly fell to the ground, "WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!"

"JEEZ! What is happening?!?!" I yelled.

I walked into a hallway that had a door at the end. The doorknob was missing from it. There was a broken wine rack right next to the door that had looked like someone had smashed in the back of it. "I wonder what happened here." I said quietly.