Six

He pulled up everything again—my panty and my shorts—and gently placed me on his lap. I looked away from his face. I hate him.

               “Elaine.” He sighed wearily. I didn’t dare look. I am angry at him and I simply can’t face him after what he did to me. He shifted me on his lap so I am forced to face him. I quickly looked down at my hands, but his hand cupped my chin and he gently tilted my face so I am facing his beautiful eyes. “I didn’t want to do that.”

               I didn’t say anything.

               “Listen, I’m sorry but I have to.” He nuzzled his head against my neck. I gasp in surprise as he held me closer, hugging me tightly. “It’s just...What’s mine is mine. I don’t want to share it to others.”

               “You’re implying I’m yours?” I said with an angry tone. He nodded against my neck. I felt his body heat against mine and his breathing kissing my collarbone. “What about Eric and Dylan?” I mumbled.

               He chuckled, “Unfortunately, I have to share.”

               “I’m not your toy.”

               “And you aren’t. You are just...someone really special to the three of us.”

               “That’s crazy.” I felt heat burning my cheeks, “You know this is not right, Dylan.”

               “Hmmm,” he smelled me, making me flinch.

               “S—Stop that.”

               “Alright.” He looked up and grabbed my face. He left only an inch distance between us. We exchange breaths as we looked into each other’s eyes. I can’t help but be attracted to him and to his intoxicating scent. Somehow, his possessiveness makes me feel really special and amazing. “We’ll talk about this later.”

               I bit my lip, suppressing the urge to close the distance between us and kiss him. “I’m still angry at you.”
               He chuckled and stroked a stray hair behind my ear, “How can I make up for it?” he gave me the innocent eyes.

               I looked away but he commanded me to look at him.

               “I—I don’t know.”

               “Hmmm,” He tangled his fingers in my hair, “How about a kiss?”

               I looked at him in astonishment. He grinned playfully, “You want that?”

               I took in a sharp breath and pushed him. My conscience bothers me somehow and I feel like I shouldn’t do this. It just makes me feel weird and if he kissed me, I don’t know if I’ll be able to resist anymore. “Never mind.”

               Before he could say another word, I jumped off his lap and quickly went to the kitchen to grab some water.

               In the kitchen, I saw smoke from the stove and next to the stove is Eric. It surprised me to see him there—and he’scooking.

               “Did he give you a hard time?” Eric said, not looking at me.

               I took a seat on the counter and out of the blue, I remembered the sweet, minty taste of his warm lips. I am glad Eric isn’t looking at me because I can say that my cheeks are seven layers of red. My eyes landed on his back where I have this sudden urge to wrap my arms around him and just stay that way.