Blindspots

Two Months Later...

******************************
Matt's POV

It was a rainy day on a saturday afternoon, Christmas was in two weeks and I was so ready to just take a break from everything. It's Amanda and I's favorite holiday, next to Halloween of course. I had just finished typing up my book report, closing my laptop I put it in my bag. Not long after, my phone began to ring and echoed loudly in the silent building.

"Ssshhhhhhhh! This is a library not a concert!"the nasty librarian hissed at me

I smiled evily, "Oh I'm sorry I though your hearimg aid was off."

She gasped and quietly yelled, "I don't wear a hearing aid!"

I laughed loudly, "Then you've got some serious earwax lady!"

She yelled, "STUPID DISRESPECTFUL CHILD! GET OUT OF HERE THIS INSTANT!"

I chuckled before walking away but stopped dead in my tracks when I heard her say to herself, "Some people are so heartless..."

Without turning around I smiled sadly, "I had a heart...as big as can be...", my smile fell into a frown, "...it was taken from me." and I walked through the front doors. I looked at my phone and saw it was Amanda, I ignored it and began my search for my blue Mini-Cooper.

It's hard to believe it's only been one month, I have been trying to keep myself busy and just burry myself with work. A lot has happened in the last month and I know that I am a different person, but I just didn't care anymore.

Amanda moved in with me 2 weeks ago and it's been great seeing her all the time. We've also gotten really close with Stefan and Owen. Of course they've all been trying to get me to see someone about my "problems" but I don't exactly feel like laying in a chair and talking to some random person how depressing my life has gotten.

I'm not depressed. I'm fine.

I found my car and beeped it open before putting my stuff in the passenger seat. I pulled out of the parking lot and started towards home. I turned on the radio to the country station and sang along to Luke Bryan's: Someone Else Calling You Baby

"I saw a truck backin' outta your drive,

You were sittin' in the passenger side,

messin' with the radio you had your sunglasses on.

I pulled over cause I couldn't believe,

Two weeks ago, that was you and me,

Ridin' down these old backroads,

Singin' our song.

Everybody 'round our towns been whisperin',

The tear in your eyes says I should've been listenin'.

Babeeh is someone else callin' you babeeh?

It's drivin' me crazeeh, just bein' in the dark.

Goodbye ain't ever easy, so break it to me hard,

If you're over my love girl, lay it on my heart don't try to save meh

Is someone else callin' you baby?"

Since the breakup I've gotten comfort in country songs more than ever these days. I found my way to the apartment lot, carefully parked in my garage and got out. Making my way to the lobby, I hummed to myself and walked absent mindedly. I saw Rex waiting at the door like always, he tipped his hat and I gave a small smile. He knew better than to start conversation with me nowadays, he tried a while back and I was just out of it. Long story short, it was really ugly and I hope he isn't still upset with me.