Firework

Liam ^^

****************************** ****************************** *************************

"I'm on my way now." I said to Amanda who is my best friend in the entire world, and has been since sophomore year of high school.

"Do you really think he's going to do it?" She questioned through the phone.

"I don't know but I'm just really nervous." I retorted

I spotted the restaurant I was meeting my boyfriend Liam. I pulled into the parking lot and drove around in search of a space.

"I can't do this." I said with a sigh, putting my car in park and sat there in defeat.

I few seconds passed bedore she began, "Matthew Jennings you are going in there and walking to your dinner table like it's your damn runway! Liam is your Prince Charming and you have been dating forever, this is a big ni-"

I cut her off, "Amanda! I'm going to throw up I cannot and I repeat CANN-"

She cutt me off this time by saying, "Matt, please listen to me. You have been through so much worse, and he has done nothing but support you and care for you. You can do this, you CAN and you WILL! You have nothing to worry about, it is just a dinner."

I sighed once more before turning my car off. I reached and grabbed my bookbag/satchel/thingy and stepped out my car before closing the door and locked it.

"You know I love you right?" I giggled into the phone.

"Not as much I love you!" She blew a kiss through the speaker

I took a few more steps and stopped in front of the door.

"Here goes nothing, wish me luck. I'll call you later Mandy, love you."

"Alright, good luck Matty! Love you too." She told me before the call ended.

I pulled open the door and slowly approached the hostess, pulling on the friendliest smile I could muster.

"Hi, um... I'm meeting someone?"

The young woman turned to me and asked, "Name?"

"The reservation is under Liam Reed I believe."

She searched her computer before looking at me and smiling, "Yes, right this way sir."

She started walking into a random direction, as I followed I kept my head held high and shut off all the nervousness from my face. I gathered my thoughts and then my eyes landed on him.

There he was, my gorgeous prince charming. When he noticed me he gave me a small smile and stood up.

Something's wrong...

I thought to myself but brushed it off as paranoia.

"Here we are, I'll have a waiter sent to your table shortly." The hostess explained

I smiled at her before nodding my head and saying thank you. Liam hugged me and I leaned in for a kiss only to be surprised by getting a small peck on the cheek.

A cheek kiss?!? Really? Really. Something is definitely off... maybe he's just nervous about tonight. It is a big night after all.

Don't expect too much. Expect something bad, expect the worst.

I was brought out of my thoughts when the waiter appeared and took our orders. We sat there in silence before Liam spoke up,"How was your day?"

I smiled and replied, "It was great, after school Mandy and I shopped a little and I found the cutest leather jacket for you."