Chapter 4

Recap:

Lovino shifted uncomfortably. "I can t-trust you right?" he mumbled, looking up at the ceiling. Antonio nodded, his face oddly red.

I wonder why he's all red... Lovino mused.

~~~~~

Sitting down on the sofa next to Lovino, Antonio put his hands on his red face. He was always warm bodied, but this was definitely not his normal temperature. The closeness with Lovino was enough to put him on the edge. Just remembering the gaze from those deep brown eyes and how his breath had tickled his lips... Antonio had to give himself a little slap. These are dangerous thoughts... Antonio mentally groaned, turning his attention towards the Italian.

Lovino was trying to regain his thoughts, cussing at his inability to keep his mouth shut. I guess the fucking cold is affecting my brain... He mentally sighed, putting a cold hand to his burning forehead.

"So," Antonio spoke up, "now you have to tell me."

"Uh... tell you w-what...?" Lovino coughed, trying to avoid the question.

"Why would you attempt to do work in this condition?  You should've known you were getting sick and should have stopped to let yourself get better!" Antonio exclaimed, throwing his hands up.

Lovino looked down at his feet. He couldn't possibly bring himself to tell him, but what could he say? It did not look like the Spanish man was going to give up anytime soon.

"Oi, Lovi-"

"I don't c-care what you think," Lovino said, not looking up, "but you cannot tell my fratello. Ever."

Antonio pondered the small Italian's words. His brother would be worried won't he? Then why not tell him? Or is it for that reason he doesn't want to tell him?  Antonio thought, But if he doesn't tell his brother, how will he get better?

"Why?" he asked, peering at the feverish Italian. Lovino seemed to fidget under his gaze.

"B-Because I promised him something, and if he f-found out..." Lovino muttered, then fell into a fit of coughs. Antonio rubbed his back, suddenly feeling bad about trying to extort information out of the poor guy. His complexion wasn't improving and his body was shaking. With a sigh, Antonio pulled out his phone and stood up.

Lovino looked up at the Spaniard, confused. Antonio put the phone up to his ear, moving around the room.

"Ah, hello! Feliciano?" Antonio said. Lovino's eyes widened, panic spreading across his face. Why is he calling Feliciano? Is he going to tell him? Lovino thought, rapidly becoming more and more panicked.

Seeing the Italian becoming panicked, Antonio quickly waved his hand and shook his head, letting him know he had no intention of telling his brother. Lovino relaxed, and Antonio turned his attention back to his conversation.

"Ah! Antonio how are you~?" Feliciano said, cheery.

Lovino listened as the two chatted for a bit. Question formed in his head. How does this tomato bastard know Feli? And if not telling him, why call him? Lovino was about to voice his thoughts, but stopped short.

"So Feliciano, I was wondering if I could borrow your brother for a few days?" Antonio asked.

"WHA-" The Spaniard slapped a hand over Lovino's mouth before he yelled.

"Borrow? What for?" Feli asked.

"I need some help around my house, and I want him to help me." Antonio said, fighting off a weak Italian's attempts to remove his hand from his mouth.

"Well, if it's okay with fratello, it's fine with me!" he cheered, and Antonio let out a soundless sigh.

"Okay Feliciano. I promise I'll return him in a few days." Antonio hung up and took his hand off Lovino's mouth, which said Italian had been obsessively licking as a last resort to getting said Spaniard to remove it.

"Lovino don't-"

"You bastardo! What the hell were you thinking? Perché dovrei venire con te?" Lovino yelled.

"Lo-"

"Non ho intenzione di andare a casa tua Perché dovrei bastardo ho-" he continued to ramble on in Italian.

"Shut it!" Antonio yelled, slapping his hand, once again, over the feisty Italian's mouth, earning a glare from said Italian.

"Listen." Antonio leaned closer to his face, glaring slightly. Lovino backed up a bit,  but didn't break eye contact. "Whether you want to or not, you are coming over and getting better. This way, your brother doesn't find out, like you want. In exchange, I won't try to force an explanation from you like I... did before." Antonio hissed, his cheeks slightly turning pink towards the end.

But what if I want you to... WAIT NO. Lovino mentally slapped himself. The tomato bastard's offer is good, but... "W-what about college?" Lovino hissed, coughing.

"I'll help you finish your work tonight, and I'll deliver any assignments you need me to."

Lovino looked at him skeptically. "How will you deliver my assignments if you don't even know my classes?"

Antonio smiled. "I DO know your classes. I graduated from that same college. So... does that mean you'll stay at my place?" he asked, a hopeful smile on his face that made Lovino's face tint redder than it already was.

"Y-yes you tomato bastard. You aren't giving me much of a c-choice..." Lovino muttered, going into another fit of coughs.

Antonio cheered and hugged Lovino, with much protest.

"Lemme just g-get my t-things." Lovino stuttered, trying to contain another fit of coughs.

"Uh, no. You're my patient now. You are not allowed to do anything unless it's doctor's orders!" Antonio said, going to get all of his things. He heard some muttered profanities, but Lovino laid back down on the couch.  Satisfied by the Italian's submissiveness, he turned around and began collecting Lovino's things.

After a few minutes, he spun back around only to find the Italian out cold. With a laugh, he slung Lovino's bag over one of his shoulders and picked up the little Italian. He carried him out to his car, placing him in shotgun with his bag at his feet. He snapped his seat belt on and reached over to do Lovino's as well.

As he was doing so, Lovino muttered something in his sleep and shifted, his head falling right in front of Antonio's, their noses almost touching. The Spaniard felt his face heat up, as he examined the delicate features of the pale Italian. His brown hair looked soft and fluffy, his curl moving subtly. His eyelashes fluttered slightly, and his mouth was set in a neutral expression. Compared to the foul language spouting out of that mouth earlier, it was, to Antonio, completely stunning to see this Italian in such a peaceful state.

Though he tried not to, his eyes kept fluttering back to his soft looking lips. He remembered how close he had come to almost kissing them, and now again.

With much difficulty, he closed his eyes and settled for laying a feathery kiss on the little Italian's forehead. As much as he wanted to feel what those lips were like, if he was ever going to get a chance, he couldn't be doing anything to make Lovino hate or distrust him.

Antonio backed away from the Italian, a small smile on his face. He started his car and drove off, a certain content feeling in him.

~~~

I FINALLY FINISHED. I'M CRYING.

This one is a little short, but hopefully since I got past my sticky part, I'll be able to write more next!

THANK YOU ALL FOR READING.

REALLY IT MEANS SO MUCH.

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!