Chapter 3

The first thing Lovino though of while waking up was how hot he felt. Not good looking hot, but sweating bullets hot. His face felt damp with sweat, and his shirt was sticking to his body. His head was hammering, sending pulses of pain throughout his head. Not only that, but his limbs felt heavy, unable to get his arms to respond to him. His eyelids felt as if they were glued together, refusing to part.

He could hear the tapping of fingers running across a keyboard and clicking of a mouse. He wanted to know where he was. He couldn't remember anything besides going to work that night.

Slowly, he managed to peel his eyes apart, lights blinding his sight and making his head hurt even more. His eyes adjusted, staring at the white ceiling. Still hearing the numerous tapping sounds, he flopped his head to the side.

He spotted the green-eyed Antonio, typing away on his laptop sitting on an armchair. Looking around a bit more, he realized he was in the club's backroom, laying on the couch.

But why? Lovino thought, Why am I back here? I have to be working, then go home... His head spinning with thoughts, he forced his legs to swing off the side of the couch and stood up shakily. This caught Antonio's attention.

"Whoa amigo, sit back down." He said, setting the laptop down on the coffee table and ran over to the Italian. He grabbed Lovino's arm, pulling him back to the couch.

"Let g-go of me bastard." Lovino growled, but fell back onto the couch regardless into a fit of coughs.

"Just lay down, stop making your condition worse." Antonio sighed, shaking his head.

"What the hell happened...?" Lovino muttered, irritated.

"Well..." Antonio thought of when he found the small Italian, trying to formulate a good explanation.

Flashback

Antonio had been watching the little Italian for about an hour now, stumbling around the bar.

His skin was sickly pale to where he thought it could be transparent, but his face was covered in red. His forhead was lined with small beads of sweat.

Antonio looked down at his phone, realizing Lovino still had about an hour or two before he would be done with work.

But when he looked back up, he found that Lovino had disappeared from the bar. Worried, he pushed himself away from the wall he had been leaning against and made his way to the bar. He waved down Kiku, who he was acquainted with.

"Ah, Antonio-kun, what do you need?" he asked, aproaching the Spanish man.

"Where did Lovino go?" he asked, not bothering to make small talk.

"I sent him to the back, he was not looking so good." Kiku responded, gesturing to the back rooms.

"Thanks Kiku." And with that Antonio was off.

He ran to the back, looking around. He noticed Lovino's locker was wide open and empty. Looking up, he saw that the backroom's door was opened. He walked over and peaked in, just in time to see Lovino start to fall forward. Cussing, he dove forwards, catching the small Italian.

Lovino was shaking, breaking out into a sweat. His face was flushed, practically radiating heat. But his hands were ice cold, paler that Antonio had seen before.

In all truth, this worried Antonio more than he thought. He didn't know why he was so protective over this Italian, but he did not really mind either.

He set him down gently on the sofa, removing the vest. He started to unbutton Lovino's shirt, but blushed as he spotted the lightly tan skin under it. Shaking his head. decided it would be best if he didn't. Lovino just might kill him.

Placing the vest on the end of the couch, he noticed the open laptop on the coffee table. It was wide open, on an assignment page. He read it over, shaking his head. He couldn't believe Lovino had tried to finish this in his state. So he picked up the laptop and sat down on a chair, beginning to type.

Flashback Over

"Well, you seem to have heavily overworked yourself, and probably got to little of sleep for too long." Antonio said, "Honestly, why the hell would you attempt to do this assignment in that state?" Lovino looked away, obviously not wanting to talk at all.

Sure, he wished he could just dump all his problems onto someone, but he did not know if he could trust Antonio that much quite yet. He fidgeted, uncomfortable with the bright green eyes that were intently staring.

"So you're not gonna tell me?" Antonio mused, scratching his head.

No response.

"Well, I guess I'm just going to have to convince you." With that Lovino found the green eyed Spanish man startlingly close to his face. He stumbled backwards, his back pressing against the couch. Antonio placed both his hands on either side of the Italian's head on the back of the couch, standing over him assertively.

"S-stop it you b-bastard..." Lovino coughed, his fever making him shaky and unsteady.

"I will when you tell me why you're over working yourself." Antonio said, staring him down.

The bright green eyes were connected to his brown ones, his face slowly getting closer and closer. Lovino's heart was going crazy, pounding as if his chest was about to tear. His head was spinning and his face flushed with red. At this point, he was unsure what was causing these symptoms, Antonio or the apparent sickness he had.

Soon enough they were in the position that if either one of them moved, things would go down. One of Antonio's hands was firmly placed to the side of his head while the other was cupping his cheek. One of his knees was bent with his foot placed to the side of Lovino's hip and the other was supporting his weight on the floor. Lovino was paralyzed, Antonio's forehead was on his, and he could feel the Spanish man's breath on his lips.

"...f-fine." he mumbled, panting due to the extreme heat in his face and that seemed to hang around him.

"Hm~?" Antonio responded, completely ignoring the fact he spoke up.

Lovino growled and pushed him away with what little strength he had. "I s-said I'd tell you b-bastard, so get the h-hell off me..." he stuttered, covering his face with his arms, laying back.

Antonio silently cussed himself out for two reasons. One for pushing the cute Italian when he was obviously not well, and two for not going a little faster so something would've happened.

No, bad Antonio, he thought, he's sick.

Lovino shifted uncomfortably. "I can t-trust you right?" he mumbled, looking up at the ceiling. Antonio nodded, his face oddly red.

I wonder why he's all red... Lovino mused.

~~~

Hey y'all.

This is a shorter chapter, but I promise I'm starting on the next one and plan to try to make it a little longer!

I should get more sleep thought...

Nah.

I got coffee.

I'll live...

Maybe.