4

Angel Cross

"This is so cute! I think this would be great for a first day of school outfit!" Sasha says excitedly holding up a black fitted dress.

I roll my eyes on the sly and shake my head at her ignorance.

"I can't wear stuff like that Sasha. I need to be professional. I'm already going to be seen as fresh meat to all the teachers."

It had been two days since the Lancaster's party. My toes were scarred pretty bad, but the soreness had went down some.

Ever since the party, I had been dreaming about Michelangelo. He was handsome, but there was something about him that seemed a little dangerous. He kept his word and my car was outside my apartment the next morning. What shocked me the most was there was a bouquet of flowers with an apology letter.

"Well fuck those teachers to be honest! Girl we're about to graduate and start our dream jobs. We've accomplished the goals we used to talk about when we first met at Orientation." Sasha says interrupting my thoughts.

"Sasha you can say fuck them, but these are people I have to work with and for. I have to be presentable. I can't dress like the teacher who sleeps with all the dads." I say making her laugh.

I take a sip of my sweet green tea and pull my phone out checking my messages.

Mommy👩‍👧
Where are you?

Me
The mall with Sasha 😒

Mommy👩‍👧
Call me when you leave, you won't believe what happen on Young & The Restless today 🤯

"Did you hear anything I just said?"

I look up from my phone and I see Sasha standing there with a mug in her face.

"Clearly I was in my phone." I say holding my phone up.

"My boyfriend wants to meet for lunch."

"Okay I guess I'll see you later on."

"He wants to meet both of us." My eyes buck at her and I stare at her for a moment.

I watch as her eyes couldn't meet mine and she was shifting from foot to foot.

'That's weird' I thought, but didn't acknowledge.

"I'm not meeting your boy toy girl. Every time I meet them you drop them and find someone new, so I'll pass." I say trying not to offend her.

"Come on Angel. Do it for me please." She begged and I don't know why, but her begging seemed more real than usual.

"No Sasha. I'm going to my moms house after this anyways." I say standing my ground.

Walking up to the counter, I look back to see Sasha still standing there in deep thought. Something weird was going on. I was far from dumb.

Michelangelo Ambrosia

"Come on daddy's baby." I say putting Aurora in her stroller.

I had taken the entire day off to tend to my daughter. Her whole first year of life was taken from me and I was determined to gain it back. I had my men working on investigating the story the old woman told. I don't care if she wasn't mine biologically, but she had no family now. I would take care of her no matter what the results from the DNA test read.

I leaned down and made sure she was strapped in. I had bought her a tablet earlier and it was currently propped up on the eating tray of the stroller. I had the YouTube Kids app and it was playing nursery songs that had her hooked. She would clap her hands from time to time and laugh.