Chapter 12: Run Away

Watching Lydia running away with tears in her eyes made my heart stop. I almost ran after her but Jordan stopped me.

"Kaleb... If you run after her I'll tell your mom that the brainwashing didn't work. The she'll do it for real this time and you won't remember anything."

My heart crumbled up watching Lydia jump into a shadow and disappear.

"I know that." I growled.

Jordan put her hands around my neck. "And anyway, you're going to marry me so I would just forget about her. She hates you anyway."

I pushed her off and walked back to my room. Why did this have to happen to Lydia and me?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I punched a wall so hard a painting fell down. I hated Kaleb with all my heart. But I knew it wasn't his fault.

I hated that stupid Fire Queen more. Her and her brainwashing and Jordan. I hated her with a passion. Why Jordan? Does he even like her?

I sat down on my bed and sighed.

I didn't know what to do.
But I knew one thing. I needed to get out of this place. I stood up and peek outside my door and saw a guard standing next to it.

I slipped into the shadows and stabbed him in the side making him groan and fall to the ground. Then I hit him on the head and ran out of my room.

Right when I did alarms rang out and people started charging out of everywhere.

I spun around and kicked the air making the air freeze and collected around the guards freezing them in place.

I started running again but I was stopped again by more people and I jumped into the shadows and jumped over their heads while freezing them too.

I finally saw a door at the end of the hall.

I charged at it with full speed.

When I got close to it, I leaped in the air, twisted around and round-housed the door open.

But inside were an army of soldiers.

Jordan grabbed my arms, twisted them, threw me on the ground, and tied them.

"You're going to jail, Sweetie." She whispered in my ear.

She dragged me down the hall and into a metal door with chains on it. Unlocking it she threw me then locked it again.

I sat in a corner and glared at her. But when she left me there I put my head in my lap and tears fell from my eyes.

I couldn't do anything.

After a while, I stood up and started pacing, then started fiddling with the door, but one of the guards started yelling at me.

I sat back down and groaned out loud. I was so bored. So bored that even feeling sorry for myself was boring.

Just then a small whisper made me look up. "Are you sure sir? She's a feisty one." A man laughed and whispered something else and the door opened showing Kaleb.

"Kaleb? What are you doing here?" I whispered loudly.

He shushed me and I bit my lip to shut myself up.

"I'm going to get you out of here. Jordan is talking about killing you for trying to escape and I can't let her do that."

He helped me up and did something amazing.

He touched the wall closest to him and a giant swirl of darkness grew slowly until we could fit through it. I closed my eyes while he took my hand and lead me through and when I opened them again I was outside of the room.