Chapter 5: Fire and Ice

When the fire finally died away, everything was burning but the bear was unharmed.

"Ugh. Let me do this." I stepped up and took a deep breath. Maybe I could do that thing with the ice again.

I took a bunch more deep breaths and felt my breath grow cold. My fingertips tingled and I felt the air freeze.

The wind blew around me and the fire froze over. The snow came back and the bear... he looked afraid. His giant bones popped out as he slinked over the ground.

"Go." My voice rumbled through the air and made the bear turn and run away. But not before breathing fire against every tree around it. Stupid Rabid Fire Bear.

I turn around to face Kaleb but only see a giant ice cube. With Kaleb in the middle. Frozen.

"Oh my gosh Kaleb. Can't you like burn through?" He blinked and tried to nod. The ice around him burned and turned red but nothing happened.

"Do I really have to drag you back to the palace?" He shut his eyes, ashamed as I started to drag the giant lump of ice back to the palace.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A few hours later of dragging the giant lump that is Kaleb, we finally made it to the gates of the castle.

My arms ached and my head was pounding for a strange reason.

"Please help us Guards." I screamed and a few people dresses like the tinman peered over the edge.

"Who are you?" He shouted down.

"I have the Prince. He's kinda stuck in a block of ice." The man looked at me. "Who are you?" He asked again.

I sighed. "I am a guest to The Queen. I am Lydia."

The gates slowly started to open and I started to drag Kaleb into the palace. When we got to the Queen's room, I started banging on the door with all my might.
A gentle but cold voice said to someone, "Let her in."

The door opened and I saw the Queen sitting on the throne eating grapes with a dazzling silver crown on her head.

"I have your son. He kinda got stuck in ice." She looked surprised for a moment then looked amused.

"And how did this happen?" She purred.

"Well, this is gonna make you laugh but I think that your son is the son from the Fire Queen. Not yours."

She looked a little agitated.

"Then how did he get stuck in ice?" She asked, suddenly nervous.

I bowed and said, "Your Majesty, well, that was me."
The Queen forced a laugh that sounded like a dying donkey. "This is a very funny story but that's impossible. You are just a lowly human."

"But what if I wasn't?"

She glared at me and pointed a finger at my head. "If you are applying that a mortal is the daughter of the most powerful ice queen in the world then you are sadly mistaken. My daugther is dead to me.

"Dead to you?" I asked, suddenly confused.

"Leave me." She said and glared at me so fiercely that my body turned numb. "Bring her to her chambers."

Two guards came up from behind me and grabbed my arms. "Come with us and you won't get hurt."
"No! I won't go until The Queen tells me the whole truth and only but the truth." I yelled.

They pulled me slowly away and I saw the Queen smirk when I struggled under the arms of the guards.

That made me mad.

Really mad.

So mad that the ice on the floor cracked, the chairs crumbled leaving the Queen lying on the floor. So mad that the chandeliers fell and that stupid crown on her head cracked and shattered everywhere.

"Tell me." I growled.

The Queen stood up and brushed herself off. "Very well." And she turns and walked to a room in the corner of the Throne Room.

"Follow." She commanded me.

I shrugged off the guards. "This is when you learn my past and your future."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~