Chapter 18: Betrayed

Aiden looked at me in awe.

"Whoa! How did you..." He stammered.

"What?" I tried to say but a screech came out instead. Aiden covered his ears along with a couple of other people.

I looked down at my hands but instead saw claws. I looked behind me and saw a tail. "What is happening?!" I screamed. Poor Aiden. He plugged his ears and looked at me.

"Lydia... you're a... a Griffin!! I don't know how but you are."

"WHAT!??"

I looked around me and heard a snicker. I glared at Jordan who was standing a couple of feet away.

"Now you're butt looks even bigger."

I growled but it came out as low screech. She backed away. I felt something on my back and started snapping at it.

"Lydia calm down it's me! You have wings. You can fly. Let's get out of here."

I nodded and pushed off the ground, taking both mine and Aiden's weight off of the earth and flew over the forest.

"This is AWESOME!" I laugh... sort of and shakley flew around.

"Lydia... where's Kaleb?" I stopped short and just stood there in the middle of the air, just floating.

"Lydia??" Aiden said nervously. Then there was a jerk and I didn't even notice me falling.

"Lydia!" Aiden screamed in my ear.

"Trust me!" I screamed back... oh yeah I might be human again.

We fell down faster than I could ever imagine.

"Lydia!! This was the most stupidest idea you have ever had!" I just smiled and kept falling causally.

I saw a little dot in the distance.

Coming closer and closer.

"Lydia... I hate you."

"Thanks Aiden!" I shout as I see the dot came closer. I knew who it was. It was Kaleb. Oh no.

"Um... Aiden... we have a problem."

"Ya think?!" Aiden screamed from above me.

"No! It's Kaleb." I screamed back. "What is he doing this far away from the campsite!?"

"Um.... he's an idiot that's why!" Aiden laughed. "Hey! Um... Lydia, it would be a ok if you transformed now!"

"Yeah! Good idea!"

I twisted around and before I could even see what was going on, I was a Griffin.

Aiden landed on my back and we darted down to the ground.

"Kaleb!" I screamed at him and stormed at him.

"How dare you get beat up by a girl and then run away like a sissy!?" Kaleb looked at me and blinked.

"I'm sorry but who are you?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Haha Kaleb. Not funny. I'm not in the mood!" I said and glared at him.

Kaleb crossed his arms and glared back. "I'm not the one who met someone, fell out of the sky, and then started screaming at them!"

"What!? I know you! I'm pretty sure that I'm your step-sister and that you're in love with me!"

"What!? I think I would remember if I was in love with someone, wouldn't I?"

"Yeah I thought you would! You are a wimp! Getting hit in the head by Kendall and then you lose your memory."

I shook my head. "How can you be so stupid!?" I screamed at him. This whole time Aiden was just staring at us, not knowing what to do.

Kaleb smiled for a second and then started walking away.

"Where do you think you're going Mister!?"

He pushed my hand off. "To see my one true love... Jordan!

"Excuse me??"

"You heard me perfectly well! I don't know whoo you are and what you're doing here but all I know is I woke up, saw a bunch of people fighting, ran away, saw a freaking griffin turn into a girl and then I heard Kendall's name and I remembered that Kendall was the second in command to Jordan and when I thought that..."

"Do you really love Jordan? Because plently of times you have said I love Jordan and then you break everything off to come to me!"

"I would never do that!"

"Say that to my face instead of the ground then!"

Kaleb looked up at me. Looking straight into my eyes with his creamy brown eyes. "I would never ever love anyone but Jordan!"

Right there is when I died. My heart crumbled to dust and I fell to the ground. Tears pricked my eyes as I looked up.

"Is that true?" Kaleb scowled at me, not the nice guy he was before.

"Yes it's true. And who would ever love someone like you?!"
Then Kaleb turned and ran towards the camp and disappeared into the distance. Aiden kelt besides me and awkwardly patted me on the back. I was sitting up against a tree with tears in my eyes.

I felt ashamed of myself. This guy had just been amazed by my power and abilities a few minutes ago and now I'm bawling my eyes out because some guy broke up with me for the girl I hate!

"I've never been in a relationship before as you can tell, but from what I heard and saw right there... I don't think Kaleb is right for you."

"Whatever." I growled at him and shifted away.

"Okay that came out wrong. I meant... I saw all that... he didn't seen normal... well himself."

I stopped crying and raised my eyebrow. "No duh."

"Well, is there a way to fix that?"

"Maybe... come on Aiden. We're gonna go kidnap someone!"