I Won't Give Up (Klaine)

When I look into your eyes
It's like watching the night sky
Or a beautiful sunrise
There's so much they hold
And just like them old stars
I see that you've come so far
To be right where you are
How old is your soul?

"It's perfect," Kurt whispered to no one in particular, giving his now-furnished apartment another loving gaze. This was it. Kurt was officially living in New York with Rachel. Sharing a dirty, cheap apartment, but hey, it was in New York, and that was all that mattered. It was his dream, and finally, he had accomplished it. He couldn't help but smile softly at the thought.

"I think that's all the furniture, kid. Do you need help carrying any of your bags, or...?" Burt asked, brushing his hands together after working with Blaine to put another bookcase in place. Kurt smiled back at him.

"No, it's fine. Blaine's going to help me unpack."

"Right, well Carole and I are going to head back to the hotel. We'll come back in the morning to make sure you're settled in before heading back to Ohio with Blaine."

"What time are you planning on heading out?" Blaine spoke up from the couch on which he had collapsed on.

"I don't know. Maybe eight-ish. It depends on what time I can get up and running."

"Sounds good, Dad." Kurt pulled his father in for one final hug. "Thank you so much for helping us move the furniture in. The place looks amazing."

"Anytime, kid," Burt gave Kurt a meaningful gaze paired with a soft smile. "I'll see you in the morning."

"Bye, Burt!" Blaine's voice rang out from the other room where he still lay, passed out from exhaustion on the sofa.

"Bye, Dad." Kurt grinned as Burt left the apartment, closing the door behind him.

Kurt didn't know what to do with himself now that he was here, in his apartment that he shared with his best friend, really and truly beginning to live his dream. He didn't even know where to start. Well, actually, he did. He had a gorgeous boyfriend who would only be in this state for the night collapsed on his couch. Hiscouch. Yeah, Kurt wasn't going to get used to that any time soon.

"I just can't believe this..." Kurt wandered into the living room, running a hand through his hair and making a fist. Blaine lifted his head up from where it was pressed against the couch cushion. He smirked and stood up slowly, walking behind Kurt and whispering into his ear.

"Your place is great, Kurt. You're going to do amazingly in New York," he wrapped his arms around Kurt from behind, letting his chin rest on Kurt's shoulder.

"It will be even better when you can join us here next year, Blaine. God, I just... I can't even believe this is happening. It's more than I could have ever..." Kurt whispered into the air.

"I'm so proud of you, Kurt."

Kurt beamed, his eyes beginning to well up with tears.

"I hope so. I want you to be."

I won't give up on us
Even if the skies get rough
I'm giving you all my love
I'm still looking up

Blaine grinned when he heard the little ding come from his computer. Sure enough, Kurt Hummel was online, and had already initiated a video chat with Blaine that was pending his approval. Like his computer even needed to ask.

With a single, eager click, the face of the one and only Kurt Hummel, New York college student extraordinaire, appeared on the screen. Kurt looked to be in the bedroom of his apartment, sprawled across his bed with his laptop resting at the foot. Even midweek with a million things going on, it still looked impeccably clean, and so incredibly Kurt.