Chapter 22 - Close call....Again!

Start from the beginning

"Well, if you don't think you can catch me, you can always do a forefit," he smirked, a gleam in his eye. "But I get to pick the forefit, and lets say it involves something that I'd definitely enjoy."

I pursed my lips together and nodded, making it seem like I was thinking about it. Noah hadn't noticed that I had been sneaking closer, so I smiled at him and shook my head. "You better run fast college boy," I laughed, pushing off from the ground and sprinting towards him.

His eyes widened as he saw me getting closer, but just as I got within touching distance, he winked and darted forward, his laugh echoing around the deserted park. As I chased after him, his black shirt fluttered in the wind, and his wet hair stuck out in every direction. He was a real kid at heart, and somehow, he had bought it out in me too, and I could never thank him enough for that.

"HEY! WHAT THE HELL GUYS!?" A voice shouted from behind us on the path.

Noah looked over his shoulder and came to a stop, a resigned look on his face. I stopped as well, recognising the voice as Jackie's. When Noah reached me, he slung his arm over my shoulder and leant down. "I was totally winning," he whispered, his breath tickling my ear.

"You wish," I whispered back. "I was totally kicking your butt."

He laughed softly and lifted his arm off my shoulders, reaching down to take my hand in his. As we approached Jackie and Rich, I saw their mouths drop open as they saw us clearly. Looking down at myself, I saw that my dress had riden up to mid-thigh, and my black bra was visible beneath the yellow dress, the water having turned it see through. Noah didn't look much better either, his hair was flying all over the place, and his shirt and jeans were soaking wet.

"Um, so, you guys do know you're not supposed to walk in the fountain right?" Rich asked sarcastically, cocking an amused eyebrow.

"Really?" I laughed. "And you're only telling us this now?"

Rich grinned at me and Jackie burst out laughing, a look of pure amazement on her face. "Seriously guys! We wondered where you got too. We thought you got mugged or something, but it turns out you were acting like children," she smiled, shaking her head affectionately.

"It was Noah's idea," I said quickly, biting my bottom lip to try and stop the smile.

"Lily's lying," Noah said quickly, pinching me on the bum without Jackie and Dick seeing. I jumped slightly but he just carried on, biting back a laugh. "She practically dragged me in there. I told her, 'this is irresponsible,' but she was having none of it."

"Who are you gonna believe?" I asked, glancing sideways at Noah and arching an eyebrow at him.

"I have to go with Lily on this one," Rich smirked, laughing when Noah cast him a betrayed look.

"Me too. I mean come on Noah," Jackie said, "We all know you're immature as they come."

"My own sister," Noah mumbled, shaking his head at the floor. "Turned against me."

We all laughed as Noah huffed out an annoyed breath, but when I glanced up at him I saw the ghost of a smile. Suddenly, a strong breeze whipped past us and I shivered, letting go of Noah's hand and rubbing my hands up and down my bare arms. "I think it's time we get home," Jackie smiled. "You guys can't stand out here in the cold much longer. And we still have to walk back."

"Oh man," Noah muttered, frustrated. "I forgot about the walk back, well that's gonna suck."

"Yep," I nodded in agreement, as we all started walking up the path, back to the apartment. "So the plan for later...Me, Jen and Jackie are gonna get changed at mine. And you guys are gonna come over once you're ready, right?"