Chapter Twenty One | USWNT

Start from the beginning

"Are you two still friends?" Ali asks.

"Of course! Lauren, Amy, Alex and I were our own little group. We always played soccer together and we were always super competitive with each other. Unfortunately, she couldn't make the National Team this year, but she's here in New York living in one of the condos." I say.

"That's exciting! I hope I get to meet her." Ali says.

We spend the day telling more stories and getting to know more about each other. And pretty soon I was able to call Ali one of my friends.

Later that night I decided that it was a good time to call Alex, especially because I haven't talked to her at all today.

"Hey Tobin!" Alex says as she picks up the phone. "What's up?"

"Oh, nothing just checking in. Is Kelley with you already?" I ask.

"Yep! We're all settled in our condo and it's been great so far. What about you? How's the team? Did you meet them all?" Alex asks.

"It's great here but I believe it could be better if you were here. But all the girls and staff are super nice here and I'm pretty excited to take the pitch." I say.

"That's great Tobin I'm happy for you. Trust me, I'll be at every game cheering for you." Alex says.

"Awe, thanks Lex that means a lot." I say as I smile through the phone.

"Have you seen Lauren and Amy?" Alex asks.

"Yep! It's great here." I say.

"I'm really proud of you Tobin and I mean that. Hey, I have to go but I'll call you tomorrow maybe. Have a good night love you Tobs!" Alex says.

"Alright, love you to Lex." I say then I hang up.

"Have you seen the entire hotel yet?" Ali says as she sits on her bed that is across from mine.

"Only the lobby and dining room." I say.

"Great, follow me!" Ali says as she grabs my arm and drags me out the door.

"Mind telling me where we are going?" I say with a laugh.

"I'm just going to show you around the hotel, get to know the place nothing big." Ali says as I follow her into a room. There's beds that lay on the side and the entire room was filled with cabinets and all sorts of things.

"This is the trainers room. We have beds to lay on, rollers, ice machines and baths for recovery. There's also a hot tub in the back and we hardly ever use it. We have medicine, here and basically anything you could possibly need." Ali says as she smiles at me.

"It's pretty big in here." I say as I look around.

"Okay! Next!" Ali says as I follow her into another room. The room has rows of chairs and a projector in the front. "This is the conference room. Team meetings are held in here." Ali says.

"It's pretty fancy in here." I say as I feel the soft cushioned chairs.

"It's the National team, can't expect much but fancy." Ali says with a laugh.

Then we enter a gym that has soccer nets on each end. "This is the gym, we don't practice here that often but if you do we go here. You'll mostly see Carli and Hope because they're overachievers." Ali says and I laugh at that. "And that room at the end is the weight and cross training room so we'll be in there a lot. But yeah that's the hotel."