9/20 candor by -the5thwave

PERCY JACKSON FANFIC OF THE WEEK

TITLE: Candor

AUTHOR: -the5thwave

LOVE INTEREST: Leo Valdez (aka my husband)

SUMMARY: ❝Do you know what my name means?❞

❝It means honesty, right?❞

❝It's the quality of being that, yes. But I'm afraid I was wrongfully named, Leo. Instead of being truthful I just seem to spot out lies.❞

in which Candor Novak is infatuated with love, and a certain son of Hephaestus is infatuated with her.

[Heroes of Olympus: The Lost Hero.]

Candor Novak was in love with love. She always seemed to have a dull ache inside of her that wouldn't go away until someone was taking care of her, holding her . . . loving her.

When Candor gets caught in a messy drug scene, her current girls home- i.e. the last one that would accept her to live with them- kicks the adolescent out. The state decides the best thing to do is send her to boarding school for the troubled. All the way out in Nevada.

The girl doesn't last more than a day before she and three other teens are being attacked by so-called storm spirits, and are shipped off to a camp for 'people like them' meaning 'demigods.'

The four of them seem to have sprung an unstoppable string of events including Candor and her fellow camp new-comer's claiming (something Candor was still uselessly clueless about), a prophecy of eight half-bloods answering a call, and another about releasing Hera's rage.

Too soon for her liking, a very confused Candor ends up on a deadly quest to search for the kissing Queen of Olympus with the same people she started this mess with.

But, much to Candor's liking she soon becomes actual friends with these previous strangers. And maybe even more with a certain so of Hephaestus.

[book one]

REVIEW FROM IOISIANE (IVORY)

Ugh I'm such Leo Valdez trash. Chloe yet again rights another book that makes me feel like mine are trash. I'm so excited because Candor is cool and I love how her name doesn't describe her like usually in pjo/hoo fanfic (aquamarine daughter of Poseidon I'm looking at you.) She's going to be badass and if anything that's my favorite kind of character. Badass girls. And Elle is literally queen. I'm excited to see how she affects the seven or eight I guess. I can't wait for more!

  (READER) REVIEW FROM PIPERMCLEANS

Chlo always knocks it out if the park with her stories but Candor is actually so perfect I don't even know how to describe it. I mean I'm already a slut for anything Valdez and I love how she's not some cookie cutter goodie goodie he meets at camp. Candor is a badass chick who I can already tell takes not shit, the idea for her to meet Leo at Wilderness Academy was something I hadn't seen before so bravo for originality. I can't wait for 2016 so I can get to read the rest!!

COMMENTS FROM READERS

        this was amazing -    -papertowns

some good shit... it IS GREAT -   -evanwalker

an: this book she be called pjo fanfic of every two weeks. Also say hi to our new admin pipermcleans