Ch. 5: If Today Was Your Last Day

Start from the beginning

Hmm... Interesting thoughts...

'You may want to watch this...' Fenrir said, making me return my attention to the classroom. 'Look at Sasuke and Naruto.'

I did, and saw that Naruto was crouching on the desk in front of Sasuke, staring into his eyes. Sakura and Ino were standing nearby, watching, and Asami was rubbing her forehead with one hand in exasperation.

Naruto and Sasuke continued their little staring contest, not bothered by the horde of fangirls surrounding them.

'They're awfully close...' Fenrir mused. 'I wonder if something's going on between them? A lover's fight, perhaps?'

I chuckled, drawing a few strange looks from my neighbors. 'That... Would actually make sense. Sasuke's never shown any interest in any girl besides Asami before, and they're definitely not together. And Naruto would do anything for attention,' I shook my head, amused. 'I guess it's completely possible that they're in a relationship.'

'Yeah... Hey, look! They are together!' Fenrir laughed loudly, making me wince a bit. 'They're kissing! Oh gods, this is great!'

'Wow... Who knew?' I thought. It was true. Something had happened that caused Naruto and Sasuke to begin kissing. 'Maybe they're making up from their fight?'

'More like making out!'

I laughed again. But then looked back over, and saw that both boys were gagging and wiping their mouths. 'I... Don't think they're in a relationship...'

'Dang. I could use a good laugh,' Fenrir grumbled. 'Oh well.'

"Bleagh!" Naruto yelled, now scrubbing his tongue. "I'm contaminated!"

"Naruto, I'm going to kill you." Sasuke said calmly while wiping his mouth furiously.

I laughed a bit more, but then saw all the girls cracking their knuckles. They were looking straight at Naruto with deadly expressions on their face. Naruto's expression changed from one of disgust to one of fear.

The blond tried backing away slowly, stammering apologies, but the girls were relentless. Finally, Iruka-sensei came in and restored order. But not before Asami walked over to Naruto, punched him in the head, and then congratulating him on getting Sasuke to 'show emotion'.

I really don't understand that girl.

Now Iruka-sensei began to speak. "Starting today, you are all official ninjas, but you are also still new Genins. It's going to get harder from here." Iruka reached down on his desk and grabbed a clipboard. "You will all be put in a groups of four, with whom you will accomplish missions under a Jonin teacher."

A lot of the kids frowned when he said group of four. Was this not common knowledge? Yes, you will all be paired with three of your other classmates, and taught by a Jonin! I guess no one was paying attention when Iruka said that a few days ago...

Everyone started muttering among themselves, wondering who they'd be teamed with. Sakura and Ino started arguing as usual, Sasuke was being emo, and everyone was basically talking.

Iruka-sensei restored order by talking again. "We've arranged the groups so they've got equal ability." Then Iruka-sensei lifted a piece of paper from his clipboard. "I will now announce the teams."

I'd been listening for a while, and Iruka-sensei had announced six teams. So far, none of the people who I thought I might be teamed up with had been called. How many teams were there, anyways? Not that many had passed the exams!