Trust no one

Emma's POV
~~~~~~~~
growing up in foster homes, getting pregnant at 17 and having my boyfriend dump me made me realize one thing.

"No one can be trusted."

I said to myself as I began my morning run down Main Street. Storybrooke was a very small town and news traveled fast so I knew I couldn't tell them my secret. "I couldn't let her know. She's straight and with Robin." I kept reminding myself. "What would happen if my parents found out? I'm sure they would disown me! What if she found out? Would she ever talk to me again?" I wondered. Finally I decided to keep my mouth shut about the whole thing. I'm the savior, I'm supposed to be the definition of good. I am the product of true love, the true love of my parents, Prince Charming and Snow White. I had the lightest and purest form of any magic. I'm not going to lie, when Henry brought me here, I had no intention of staying,but then I met his other mom....
~~~~~~
Flash back
~~~~~~
It was my 28th birthday and I was home alone. I blew out the candle on the cupcake I bought myself. I wished to not be alone. I sat with my eyes closed for a moment, when I heard the doorbell ring. My eyes fluttered open and I was confused. I got up and walked to the door. "Are you Emma swan?" A boy about 10 looked up at me. "Yeah? Why?" I asked. "My names Henry I'm your son." He said with a smile.

I don't know how that kid did it, but some how he managed to drag me into this strange little town, where he claimed his adoptive mother, the evil queen, cast a curse to bring fairytale characters here and they didn't remember who they were. After I heard that, I knew I had to leave, I couldn't take care of this kid, and he had some serious issues.

"You're the mayors kid!?" I asked in shock. He shrugged. Archie pointed me in the direction of the mayor's house. We got back into my yellow bug and pulled up to a huge beautiful mansion. We got out of the car and as soon as we did, the front door flew open. My jaw dropped internally as a thin beautiful short haired brunette came running towards Henry and hugged him. "Oh Henry I was so worried about you!" She cried hugging the boy. Henry struggled to break free from the woman's grip. "I found my real mom!" He yelled and ran back in the house. My eyes were still locked on whom I'm guessing was Henry's mother and the mayor of this town. She looked at me half heartedly "your Henry's birth mother?" She asked with a hint of anger in her voice. "Hi." Was all I could muster up the courage to say with a smile. I don't know who she was, but something pulled me to love her instantly, I guess you could say she had me at hello, if she had actually said that.

Call it what you will, but Henry calls it fate. That we are supposed to be together. Every Time he brings it up, I force myself to smile, knowing that I would never have a chance with her.

The brunette returned my smile and introduced herself as Regina Mills. "How about a drink of the best apple cider you've ever tasted?" She asked inviting me into her home. I followed her inside not saying anything. The door slammed in my face and my heart dropped. Then it opened again and I followed her inside. I was way too nervous. This woman, whoever she was, was utterly flawless. "I can't believe Henry thinks she's the evil queen" I thought but quickly shaking the thought out of my head. "Geez, now that kids in my head!" I thought. After a drink, the brunette quickly rushed me out the door . At that moment, I knew I had to stay. Something was going on and I had to find out what it was.
~~~~~
That was 2 years ago. Yea Regina and I had our rough spots, but what relationship doesn't. "Wait did I just say relationship?" I thought. "God what is going on with me!? I was never attracted to girls before I came here, but something about that brunette changed me the second I saw her. I knew I couldn't trust her, not yet any ways. In Fact, most people in this town I learned were not to be trusted. At one point, I thought I trusted my parents, only to have that all come tumbling down. The only person I guess I could really trust was Henry, but he was just a kid, so of course I couldn't tell him everything, especially my feelings I had for his other mother. I jogged passed the mayor's house like I did every morning. I always enjoyed staring at the place as I ran past. It was beautiful, and well kept and I secretly wished that I could call this house my home too.