chapter 3

Nick and I stared at each other for some time. Our concentration was only broken by  the sound of another voice calling to nick from down the hallway. "Nick! Nick!," said the boy running up to us, " who is the new hot chick."

"I think she is our long lost triplet Dad keeps crying about," Nick said his eyes getting glossy.

"No way!," The new kid says as he looks me up and down. At this point I start to get uncomfortable and start to think about why my mom wanted to move here. Did she want to get rid of me? did she want me to find out who I really am related to? or did she even know I was related to these boys? Many questions kept running through my mind until somebody started snapping their fingers in my face. 

"Huh?" I said stupidly as the new kid was looking  at me with expectant eyes.

"What's your moms name?" He asked.

"Anna... Anna Silver," I said slightly stuttering making me look like a bigger idiot than I probably already looked like to these guys.

"That's the name dad calls in his sleep when he is having a nightmare," Nick said almost to the brink of balling with tears. I feel his pain suddenly as if I had been hit with a baseball bat. I take a few steps towards him and wrap my arms around him. "Its ok now, I am back, right?," I say into his shoulder as he wraps his arms around my shorter frame. Then the other boy starts to hug nick and I get uncomfortable. "Are you my other brother?" I ask pulling back a little bit and look at him.

"Yes, I am Nikko, the youngest. I remember you as if it were yesterday. You as the only girl were the most precious to mom and dad loved you but wanted to split the love. As our birthday came around for us to be about four years old, mom took off. taking you with her. Dad was devastated. He tried searching for you for seven years and when he would hear something and go see, you and mom had already gone." He said with a face I couldn't read. I got the feeling that he both hated and loved me to a very large extent. "Nick remembers most of it somehow more than me."

"Wow, I don't remember any of this," I said my head starting to hurt from all this information.

"Yeah, I assumed not," Nikko said in a ton that sounded slightly like he was on guard of his emotions.

"Its not her fault," Nick said coming back into the conversation, once he had calmed down.

"Yeah, I know," Nikko said with a sigh, " I just wish mom had never taken anybody away at all."

Nikko's eyes started to water then. His yellowish/ teal eyes almost glistening in the sunlight. I moved to give him a hug but he stepped back.

"I'm sorry, but I can't," he said turning and walking away suddenly.