"Okay. I understand. Have you told Mitch?"

"Well.. No. He knows I'm hurt. But he doesn't know exactly what happened."

"You didn't tell him?"

"How could I? I'm not as strong as I used to be. I know that. He's all I've got left of my old self. I can't lose him."

Kevin shook his head a little, the genius words stringing themselves together in his head. "Don't be afraid to lose him. Be afraid of losing yourself."

Scott stared at him, and then closed his eyes as he took a deep breath. "Jesus, what's happening to me?"

Kevin nodded and then reached over to squeeze Scott's hand. "Hey. It's okay."

Scott nodded. "Thank you... I'm glad you're okay."

"I heard that you took all of the damage for Alex. He walked out without a single scratch. That's amazing."

Scott just nodded.

"Hey.. Get out of the car for a second."

Scott did as told without hesitation.

He walked around to Kevin's side of the car, and Kevin grabbed him in a hug.

Scott hugged back, finding it comforting to hug someone his own size.

Kevin spoke into his ear. "Everything will be okay. Todrick and I have taken care of Jamie. I promise."

Scott moved back quickly. "Oh no. We have to go tell Todrick that you're okay. He's probably worried sick."

Kevin nodded, starting to get into the car.

Scott stopped for a second. "Oh.. And Kevin?"

"Hmm?"

"Kirstie's pregnant."

*******

Scott agreed to leave Kevin with Todrick for a little while, so Todrick could both see him and evaluate how he was doing.

Scott then drove home, and as soon as he walked in, Mitch was trying to push a plate of breakfast into his hands.

Scott held it, but still went to find Avi.

Avi was in the kitchen making himself some coffee, Kirstie beside him.

Scott tapped his shoulder. "Kevin is with Todrick. I'll go get him in a few hours."

Avi nodded, starting to turn back around, but stopping. "Hey, are you okay? You look like you're about to cry."

Scott shook his head. "Yeah. I'm alright."

Mitch pulled on his arm to lead him to sit at the table.

He sat beside him and stared at him. "Eat. Please."

"Mitchie, I'm not really hungry."

Mitch got that look on his face. When his eyebrows come together a little while raising at the same time.

His 'scared, but also about to cry', face.

Scott set a hand on his knee under the table. "What's wrong?"

"Just.. Please eat something."

Scott sighed, and took a huge bite of a waffle sitting in front of him.

He gestured to it, and then smiled. "Happy?"

"No. Keep eating."

Scott shoved the rest of the waffle in his mouth. "What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing... Just. Eat. Please."

"Mitch, I am eating."

"Good. Keep doing it." Mitch said, harsher than he'd meant to.

Avi walked out of the kitchen and shook his head at Mitch. "Don't go bossing an Alpha around, Mitchell."

"But he-- I.. I'm sorry. I don't mean to talk back. But, I just want him to be okay."

"Mitchell, come here."

Scott was looking back and forth in between them. "Keeping secrets from me again?"

Avi put his hand on Mitch's back when he walked by to usher him into the kitchen. "No, Scott. Stop overreacting."

Scott leaned back in his chair, shaking his head.

Avi faced him one more time. "Eat. Okay? Mitchell worked hard on that."

Avi turned around to face Mitch and then they walked down the hall.

Mitch glanced behind them, and then yanked on Avi's arm to pull him into the bathroom.

Avi yelped a little, but Mitch closed the door behind both of them.

Avi rubbed the spot on his arm where Mitch pulled on him. "Okay. Ow. Don't do that."

Mitch hushed him loudly. "He's going to hear you! We have to make sure he's still eating. I didn't mean to boss him around, I just wanted him to eat."

"Don't shush me, Mitchell. I know what you were doing. But you can't approach it like that. If you boss him around, he'll either get angry or stop caring about himself. And those are two things I don't think you're ready to deal with. Okay? So just trust me."

Mitch pouted. "I just want him to love himself."

Avi put his hand on Mitch's arm. "I know you do, Peanut. But it's gonna take some time."

********