Prologue

FLIGHTLESS by Fhrell Cee

A/N: This was published later, after Chapter nine was posted. But it's not gonna changed any event that already happened. It's just here to support the characters character. ~fCee

This is dedicated to: rinka_rinka for trusting and this story. You boosts my morale.

Prologue - [Dex]

"Are you ready, Dex," Dust asked me as he held me up in the sky. I looked down and gulped seeing the hard ground meters away from me. I could feel my feet dangling in the air as my older held me on my hips.

"Dex going to piss his pants," Dio flapped his little wings in front of me, clearly bragging how he was able to fly.

I glared at him.

"Show off!" I spat but he only laughed.

"Careful Dex, you might fall," he teased flying around me and Dust. "You know it's gonna hurt a lot when you hit the ground."

I swallowed a large lump in my throat as I listened to Dio. Again, I looked down to the ground. He is right though, it looked like a long way down. Though I'm sure I won't feel the pain if I do fall, cause I'd be dead instantly.

"You are going to be great," big brother Dust told me.

"Are... are you sure?" I asked holding his hand firmly on my hips. "I think I might die."

I heard him chuckle and I blushed. It's really embarrassing how I still couldn't get my wings to work.

"You're gonna do good. I know you can do it," Dust encouraged me. "You're my brother. So I know you can do it."

"You're gonna catch me, right?" I asked an assurance.

"Yes," he answered. "I will be waiting for you at the bottom just time case."

"Really... really... sure?" I asked again.

"Yes... really... really sure." He affirmed.

"Promise?"

"Yes, I promise."

"Drop him already," Dio yelled behind Dust and then I felled his hand move away from my hips.

"Wa..." I was supposed to yell wait but gravity had taken its grab on me. "Help!" I yelled as I felt the force grab me and Dust stayed behind on the air watching me fall.

"Dust help!" I screamed as I continued to fall but my brother only watched me.

Tears started to fall from my eyes feeling betrayed. Why did Dust drop me so suddenly, and why is he just watching. Can't he see I can't fly?

"Help!" I yelled again but no one was making a move. Dio only looked at me with a smirk on his lips.

Did they plan this? Did they want to kill me? But they are my brothers. They won't let me get hurt? But they did let me fall.

No! I can't fall.

Sniffing my nose, I concentrated. If they won't catch me if they will continue to just watch then I have to show them I can fly. Sniffing my nose again, I felt something move behind me.

And suddenly my fall started to slow down. I don't know what happened nor can see what's behind me, but I've got the feeling the my wings worked.

"You did it!" Dust said popping in front of me, surprising me. And I felt the gravity pulling me again as I fall.