Chapter 22 : When There's Smoke, There's Fire

WARNING!

THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS SEXUAL ASSAULT THAT SOME PEOPLE MAY FIND DISTURBING. READING AT YOUR OWN RISK! 

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

"So, B. Why do you insist on going to this party?" Sarah asked as she let Becca walked into her room.

"I mean... This is just a party. You don't have to sneak out," Sarah continued.

"This is not just a party," Becca said, emphasizing 'just', "This is James Mikaelson's party and he invited me himself."

"Wait... James Mikaelson as in the James Mikaelson?" Sarah asked with wide eyes. Everyone knew James Mikaelson. He was a charming guy, a school jock, very attractive, rich, and known as 'girls magnet' because wherever he went, there were always girls surrounding him, looking at him dreamily. James might be a playboy, but if he actually talked to you, that meant something big.

"Yep," Becca confirmed, nodding her head.

"I kind of have a crush on him. I think I might have a shot on this one," she said next, blushing slightly.

"But... How about Ben?" Sarah asked.

"Ben was great. He asked me out, but I kind of turned him down," Becca said.

"What? Why? I can't believe you did that. He's a great guy and totally in love with you," Sarah said in disbelief.

"James and I might happen. Do you realize how big this could be? I could be his girlfriend. This is big, S. My life would change," Becca told her best friend, exaggerating a little bit.

"You do realize two months ago you had a huge crush on Ben, right? And now you suddenly don't like him anymore just because a playboy like James invited you to his party? Have you lost your mind?" Sarah said, trying to make her see some sense.

"I thought you would be more supportive as you are my best friend. I thought you care about my happiness," Becca said sharply. She sounded angry, but also hurt.

"I do care! That's why I'm trying to explain to you. I don't want you to get hurt. Someone like James... He could be... What I would call a douchebag. I don't want you to give him a chance to hurt you," Sarah told her, looking at Becca meaningfully.

Becca looked back at her best friend. "Okay, I get your point. Thanks for your concern, but I can take care of myself," Becca said, smiling slightly.

The door flew open abruptly and Katelyn barged into the room. "I have a bad feeling of this party," she said. Sarah had texted her to come to her house as soon as she knew Becca was going to that party.

Becca scoffed. "And the last time you have a bad feeling on someone, you were wrong," she said, remembering what Kate said about Ben.

"No... This time I really do have bad feelings," Kate said again.

"You're not a psychic, Kate," Sarah said.

Kate blinked a few times before saying, "No, I'm not a psychic, but I'm a witch."

Becca and Sarah stared at her like she was crazy. Then, suddenly Sarah burst out laughing. "I get it. You're pranking us. But, it's not even April Fools' Day, Kate," Sarah told her.

"I'm not pulling any pranks. Here. I'll show you," she said, joining both Sarah and Becca who were sitting on the carpet.

Kate stared at a piece of paper which was lying in front of her and few seconds later, the paper burst into flames. Sarah shook her head and rubbed her eyes to make sure she really saw what she just saw with her own eyes.