Chapter 7

Allison's Perspective

"Issac, you should come over right now." I breathed, trying not to sound too overwhelmed with emotions.

I heard a small laugh, the soft kind of happy laugh, where you can hear how much he loves you. My head was spinning around with so many feelings.

"Allison, let's talk at school. It'll be like thirty minutes before I see you then." He said, and again, the tone in his voice was just pure happiness.

"How are you so cheerful this early in the morning?" I asked trying to act funny, and trying not to sound mad, or whatever it is I am feeling. "The happiness in your voice at this hour sickens me."

He laughed again, and I broke inside.

"I guess you could call it happy to be up this early in the morning just because the girl I have come to know, and love more than anything, is calling me and asking me over. And if that isn't a reason to be  happy, no matter how sickening the hour, I don't know what is."

I sighed, and guilt burned inside my stomach.

Scott's kiss felt fresh on my lips, as if he was he right now in front of me, and he had just got done kissing me. And it was like Isaac was in the other room, and was oblivious. In his own world.

And it was like he was just about to walk into the room to tell me something, and find us there together, with our hands still on each other's bodies and our eyes still staring lovingly at one another.

The damage that had been done to Isaac was still unknown to him, but I knew just how quickly things would break him inside.

It took only six words to do that.

I'm in love with Scott McCall.

And he would never be the same again.

And maybe Scott was right when he said we should just forget about things between us. But something about letting him go felt so wrong.

But at the moment, everything is seemingly wrong and it's driving me insane that I can't have things the normal way. The way my life is suppose to be.

"Allison?" The voice asked at the other end of the line. This time his voice was not as happy, but more fragile and afraid.

"Yes, sorry I was just..." I started to say.

"You don't know what you just said, do you?" He gulped. For a moment time stood still, and even my heart slowed its pace as I begged the question.

"No... What did I say to you?" I said, unsure, because so many things have been running through my mind I could have said any one of them.

There was a crack in his voice, and I knew as he started to say it, what it was.

"Well it sure sounded like, 'I'm in love with Scott McCall.'"

I paused and let silence fill the room. Little did my mind know not to let those words escape my petty mouth. I couldn't form a single thing to say, because there was no excuse for what he had already heard.

Only seconds later the line went dead.

.....

Isaacs Perspective

I feel dead inside. A numbness is starting to take over my entire body. Covering me head to toe in a sad and desperate skin that I am not use to quite yet.

Have you ever had words hit you so deep in the chest, it's almost like someone walked right up to you and put a seven inch blade through your chest and took your heart and twisted it out in front of you?

And you watch as your heart sits on that blade, and the person behind the mask is watching you bleed out, and you can't scream because it's to late to fix anything now?

You know you're going to die, so what would be the point, right?

But then they take off that mask, and it turns out to be the person you love the very most, and you're so shocked you can't still say anything.

And your lying on the ground bleeding out, nearly dead, and your wondering why they aren't helping you?

And more than anything your wondering why they did it in the first place?

Allison has my heart on that blade. Now I'm lying on the ground wondering why she did it.

I dropped my phone on my bed, not wanting to look at it anymore. But even with it away from me, I could still hear her words ringing through my mind.

I love Scott McCall.

And what is it about him, that makes her love him?

Besides the fact that he's nice. Besides the fact that he's good looking. Besides the fact that he is our pack leader. Besides the fact that she already loved him once. Besides the fact that he already knows and loves every detail of her.

And while I secretly knew Scott McCall was everything I was not, I simply pretended to not understand.

And  there was one thing that set me about from him, and that is my need for revenge. My need for the hurt to turn back on her.
....