Chapter 5:

Allison's Perspective

"I'm glad you came because I think it's time we talked about this." I said as a tall dark figure emerged from the shadows. Scott smiled at me and leaned against the wall.

His shirt was tight against his body and his muscles were peeking out from underneath it. I made sure my eyes only looked at his from that point on.

"We have to tell Issac." I said.

Scott looked at the ground, biting his lip hard. I wondered what he was thinking about.

"Allison," he said softly,"I can't do that."

I raised my eyebrow and threw my hands on my hips. I didn't understand what the big deal was. I mean after all this is my relationship on the line.

"Why not?" I asked. "It's not like..."

"...It ever even happened." He finished.

"What are you talking about Scott? Lying to Issac is going to burn up in our faces if we don't tell him soon." I said bitterly. He of anyone should know lying won't make things better.

"I didn't kiss you Allison and you didn't kiss me." He said confidently.

"Since when did you become this big bad liar Scott?" I asked angry with him.

"The same day you asked me if dating Isaac would break my heart and I said not at all."

I felt my jaw hang open for a brief period of time as I tried to gather my thoughts. Scott stared at me, big brown eyes, with an unreadable expression.

What could I say to that? Sorry I didn't know? My stomach felt queasy and I couldn't look Scott in the eyes anymore. Because if anything, that only made things worse for me and him.

"Why?" I asked, hearing my own voice crack with a tinge of sadness peeking out from behind it.

"Why what?" He asked. But I think he already knew what I was asking him anyway.

"Why are you confessing your love for me now, and not when you had the chance?" I asked, feeling a single tear fall.

"Because even when I wasn't with you Allison, it was always you. It will always be you. And years from now when my kids ask who my first love was, I'll say your name. And when they ask who broke my heart, even though I'll know it was for the best, I'll say your name. And when they ask if I'm happy with the way things turned out, I'll say yes, only because Allison is happy. I love you and there is nothing more I need out of life than to let you know that."

He paused for a moment taking a breath and wiping away many tears.

"And it's okay that you don't love me, because I know how hard it is to try and love someone you just don't love."

I didn't even realize I was crying until Scott came over and put a thumb to my cheek, wiping them away and wrapping his strong arms around me.

I buried my face into his chest and he rested his on my shoulder. I forgot how good it felt to be in his arms. It was one of the only places I've ever belonged.

"I'm going to leave." He said letting go quickly. I stared up at him, and even though I wanted to ask why, I didn't say anything.

But then it happened. Before I knew it Scott's lips were already on mine, kissing me the same way he had done before. The slow, passionate kiss that makes you want to hold on forever.

Even though Isaac was in the back of my mind I couldn't let go of Scott.

He pulled away and tucked some of my hair behind my ears. He kissed the top of my forehead.

"That's why I wanted to leave..." He said to me quietly, all embarrassed like.

I felt my face turn red.

"But you stayed?" I laughed.

His face was now red too.

"Only because I knew if I didn't kiss you, I might never again." He said softly.

"You said that the last time." I said rolling my eyes laughing.

"Maybe because you never know when it's going to be the last time."

I stood there, unsure of what to say to him. The first time I kissed him, was pure accident. The second time I kissed him, was totally and completely my own choice.

Even though I loved Isaac a lot, no matter what Scott will always have the majority of my heart, because who am I kidding... He still does.

And every time my eyes meet his I reminded of the mistake I made in letting him go. And more than anything I just want things to be right between us again.

He ran his fingers across my cheek bone, and I kissed his hand before he pulled away.

"Scott McCall." I whispered.

"Allison Argent." He whispered back.

And that's how our night ended. We merely said each others name in a small attempt to get back what we once had. We said what we wanted to say without saying it.

I love you.

...

Malia's Perspective

I stared up at the stars, counting as many as I could, but becoming more sleepy as I did so. I liked to come out here at night when I couldn't sleep because I feel more at peace underneath thousands of little lights in the sky.

I turn my head to the right, staring at Stiles, who was already staring at me. I smiled, because I secretly liked having him around.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked, fiddling with my hands as they tested on my chest.

He paused before letting out a small sigh.

"Scott."

I laughed. I couldn't help it either. To just the fact that we are underneath the stars and he was staring at me, but thinking of Scott.

"Why is that funny?" He asked.

"Because it is." I said scrunching up my nose. He turned back , his eyes looking at the stars.

"If you call thinking about Scott because he is disgustingly in love with Allison and can barely function half the time because of it, laughable 'because it is', then you have a twisted sense of humor my dear."

I shrugged, feeling bad but not showing it.

"It's not your problem to fix."

"What do you mean? I help him all the time, through everything Malia. You don't under...."

"Sometimes there are problems even best friends can't fix." I said. His head turned towards me, his eyes sad.

I reached over and squeezed his hand.

"The only problem you should be worried about fixing is my driving hot shot."

With that he smiled and squeezed my hand back.