Chapter 18

🍦Hayden Marvel

It was Tuesday now, and it had been several days since the basketball game. Plus, today was Thomas's sixth birthday. He was really excited because our parents have the day off work so they can celebrate with us. It was so cute to see him this happy.

When I woke up, no one was home, but I just figured they had taken Thomas out to eat breakfast before school, like they would do with me when I was little.

I spent a lot of time this last weekend with Trey, and I helped him a lot with Spanish and trig. I'm sure his next tests will go well too, he seems to have been understanding it better.

And man, my enormous crush on him has just been growing more and more each day. I'm really starting to think it's unhealthy that I get so many butterflies in my stomach when he's around. Is there a name for butterflies? Maybe there's some sort of medical term for it. Ah well, who knows and who cares.

"Hey guys," Trey said as him and Drew took a seat at our lunch table.

"Hey," I greeted. It was slightly embarrassing how a goofy grin just made its way to my face with his presence.

"Where were you all morning?" Claire asked Drew after giving him a quick kiss on the cheek.

Drew scratched his head and looked at Trey, who was smirking. "We had detention," he admitted sheepishly.

"We?" Claire raised an eyebrow.

"Well I couldn't let Trey have all the fun!" Drew defended.

"It was all your idea!" Trey exclaimed.

"No it wasn't! It was all yours, man. You even said it was one of your best plans yet," Drew pointed out.

Trey smiled proudly, "It was a genius plan."

"What'd you guys do?" I asked. My curiosity had been rising throughout the conversation at what they could have possibly done. It must have been pretty good.

Trey gave ma contemplative look, "I don't think I should tell you. It might scar your innocence." He said with a smirk.

"No it won't just tell me!" Much to my irritation, he didn't. Instead, he shot me a wicked look before leaning to Claire on his other side and whispering something in her ear. She responded by laughing hysterically.

"You did not!"

Trey nodded proudly, "Indeed we did." He said while leaning back triumphantly.

"What?" I asked Claire. Trey obviously just told him what he and Drew had done. Why won't he tell me?!

Claire didn't respond, but instead she went to Lilly and whispered in her ear. Lilly giggled, before filling Seth in. I groaned, "Will someone just tell me?" They all just looked at each other and shared knowing laughter.

I gave each of them my death glare before asking, "Why am I also the target for all your schemes?"

"Because you're the little baby!" Claire cooed before reaching over to pinch my cheeks. I stuck my tongue out at her and hitting away her hand.

"I will be seventeen in two months, thank you very much!"

Seth looked around the table, "Am I the only eighteen year old here?" He asked.

"I'm eighteen," Trey stated.

"Me too," Drew joined. Me, Lilly, and Claire all have birthdays in April within two weeks of eachother, except they are a year older. Great, way to make me feel like a little kid.

"I will be eighteen in 14 months," I absentmindedly stated. Of course I should have thought about it, because they all started laughing at me. I rolled my eyes but joined in with them. "So what did you do to get in trouble?"