52: 3/4 Days Remaining - The Other Side

Start from the beginning

He was calling me again.

He was trying all night too. Even Tristan, Maryanne, Liz and Joe tried calling. It was starting to make my head hurt.

I looked down at the ground and shut my eyes. It hurt so badly. Was it supposed to hurt this much?

Something soft pushed my hand.

I opened my eyes and looked down. The wolf whined under my hand and I stroked its soft white fur. "Is it supposed to hurt this much, girl?"

Her bright blue eyes stared into mine and she barked.

"I'll take that as a yes."

There was a new sound in my head. Someone was calling me but I hadn't felt this one before. Someone else that hasn't ever tried to call me... But I recognized it. This person has called me in the past.

The Guardian could feel the call too because her ears perked up and she looked around.

"Does he know where I am?" I asked the wolf. I know I must look like an absolute nut right now speaking to a wolf but judging by the amount of energy I could feel off her she was very, very smart. If she could speak, I'm sure she would be pouring out with an amount of words I wouldn't be able to understand.

Her head whipped side to side as if to say no and then she whined.

If Elijah wasn't so strong and had a cover over this area, Cameron would be able to find me. I wonder if I could find them with my mind. I know I was stronger. This morning I woke up and just knew it. And now that Eli had taken off his hold on me I could finally feel it.

I looked down at the wolf and bent down to my knees. "I want to test something on you, girl."
I put my hands on either side of its head and shut my eyes. This wolf wasn't always a wolf. I knew that much. I searched her mind and found something. This angel's hair was white, she was beautiful. She had the body of a twenty-two year old and her name was...

"Bonnie?" I said.

She licked my cheek and I smiled. "If I can get that from a wolf then I can try and touch their minds."

She whimpered and pushed her nose on my cheek. "I'll try not to get caught, but it'll be hard."

I stood up and shut out everything around me. I touched my hand to the ring on my neck and concentrated on Gabriel. It was like I was running through the forest but it was only my mind moving. It was hard but I was getting closer to the house. It was starting to pain me as I got closer and closer.

I was starting to slow as I got to the front yard...

I just needed to get through this door...

I could hear their voices.

"Have you tried?" A woman voice snapped. "Try again!" It was Maryanne. Their voices were like distant and echoed.

"How many damn times have you all tried and you want me to carry on? You'd risk hurting her than actually going out to find her? Selfish."

That was Cameron...

Why was he in the house? Why was he there? Were they on speaking terms?
I just needed to see them to put my mind at ease. I just needed to see Gabriel's face...

But as I got to the door my mind was immediately pulled back like a slingshot.

I gasped as my mind returned to my body. Bonnie was barking and howling like mad at the man in front of me.

Eli tutted and then grabbed my neck with one hand. He lifted me and the air I was trying to inhale stopped in my throat completely. 

"You never learn do you?"

I used what little part of me that was sane, burn him. He pulled his hand away and I dropped to the ground. But then he grabbed me by my shirt and dragged me off the ground. "What a stupid thing to do. You're lucky I stopped you from contacting them otherwise we would have had some problems."

I pushed his hands off me and sighed out as my power drained from my body. He chuckled and picked me up by the neck again. I was defenseless now. I couldn't burn him and I barely had my strength.

"Alexis, sweetie we still have so much to do." He squeezed.

A strangled cough escaped my lips and I brought my hand up to his hand to try and tug his hands away. He let go again but this time I landed on my feet. "Asshole," I mumbled.

"I heard that. And do I have to escort you to the lake next time?"

"No," I said reluctantly. "It won't happen again."

He patted my head but I slapped his hand away. "Good. I'll take your word for that. Now let's get started. We won't be needing Jayden here or Grigori." He looked down at Bonnie. "And we certainly won't need your pet. Get rid of her."

She growled at him and ran off. I watched her run deeper into the forest and brought my attention back to Eli. "What am I doing?" I demanded.

"Easy." He said with a smile. "Open yourself and let that part of you take over."

"No." I said immediately.

"It's an easy task, Alex. Do it now. Want me to teach you something? You can give yourself over to that side without burning things."

I froze. That wasn't something I wanted to know...

"Do it..." He whispered. "What angers you?"

"You do." I said through gritted teeth.

"Then think about me. Think about all of the things I'll do or did to you."

I couldn't help but let the devilish thoughts overwhelm me. I wanted to tear Eli apart. I wanted to kill him. I wanted to kill Grigori. I wanted to rip the guy's head off then stick it up Elijah's ass.

I was breathing heavily and that red haze was filling my vision. I clenched my hands into fists.

I wanted Elijah to pay for everything he did. I want him to suffer like Jay was right now. I wanted to prove to him that I can hold down my own not be tempted into a dark fate.

But as I gave myself over to that haze I could feel my defenses slowly crumble and the feeling of being vulnerable course through me...

Wait a minute...
What did I want to do again...?

"Hey Lonny,"

My head snapped toward the man in front of me and I smiled. My mind had suddenly gone blank of all thoughts. My veins were burning, my body was shaking and my back was crunching and cracking... But the pain excited me. It made me want more...

The man, Eli, pointed at a small bush. "Burn it."

I did exactly as he said and threw a small ball of fire at it. I smiled at the growing flame and swam in the warm feeling.