Chapter Nine

Katherine opened her red eyes.

She immediately regretted it.

The bathroom door was open to show Bruce with his face in the sink and the tap running, and Clint by the garbage can; throwing up.

Katherine assumed she fell asleep as the rest kept playing games because Tony was wearing the Black Widow suit and Nat was naked and the only cover she had was Steve's shield.

Beside Nat's hoodie and pants on the ground, Thor was snoring softly.

Steve was nowhere to be seen, as he most likely left.

Katherine stood up and stretched, grateful that it was a weekend.

She carefully stepped over her uncle, but lost her balance when Tony shifted.

She landed on him in a sitting position, and he jolted upright.

"Whoa." He said, eyeing the teenager on his lap. "How out of hand did things get?" He looked around the room. "You're over eighteen, right?"

Katherine quickly stood. "My apologies, I tripped." She offered a hand which he took.

They both turned to see Steve in the doorway, mouth half open.

"What the hell?" He said.

"Where were you?" Tony asked as he stumbled past Clint, who was still throwing up.

"I went to bed, in my bed, and slept. Like a normal human being." Steve answered with his hands on his hips.

Bruce walked out of the bathroom.

"Sleep sounds good." He groaned while walking out of the room.

"What is wrong with you people?" Tony asked. "Have you never drank before?"

About an hour later everyone was sitting at the table together.

Tony had changed into some baggy sweats, and Nat was wearing a robe too big for her.

Bruce sat with a pack of ice to his head and Clint was holding a bucket in case he threw up again.

Thor and Katherine ate their breakfasts, not affected by what the mortals called 'hangovers'.

"You know what's the best way to not get a hangover?" Tony asked while opening the fridge.

Steve stood up and closed it again. "To not drink in the first place?"

Tony pushed him away and opened the fridge again, this time pulling out a beer. "No. To not stop drinking."

Steve took the bottle and put it back in the fridge.

"Tony, you can man up and just go through with it like any normal person."

Steve started mixing stuff into a glass and passed it to the billionaire.

"What's this?" Tony made a face at the drink.

"It's egg yolks. It helps with a hangover."

As the captain turned around, Tony made a childish face at the blond, earning a giggle from Katherine.

Suddenly a phone rang, and Bruce covered his ears.

"Can you turn that down?"

Katherine looked in her pocket to see the small, odd device that Tony had given her lighting up.

She swiped her finger like she had been shown to do, and put the phone to her ear.

"Hello?" She asked.