Code XXXIII: By My Hands

Start from the beginning

It was not until the seventh day after their arrival that Xora appeared.

Hanji and the others were discussing their means of rescuing Levi in the data room when the doors suddenly swung open, drawing the attention of all six agents to Xora

Hanji and the others were discussing their means of rescuing Levi in the data room when the doors suddenly swung open, drawing the attention of all six agents to Xora. From where she stood, silent for a few moments, the original four could see that an enormous amount of change had happened within the past seven days.

Xora's eyes had become even more electrifying than they had ever been, that gaze like knives coated in the thickest and most deadly poison. Her face had become more gaunt, but her body definitely had not. In fact, it seemed as if she had packed on even more muscle, the dips and ridges in her skin growing deeper. Her hair had grown a little longer at this point, reaching her chest, the uneven bangs sloppily framing her face.

"My name is Xora Xion," she said in a monotonous voice; all of her humane qualities seemed to have disappeared. She appeared almost... god-like. "I am also known as Codename XX. Selma, Amalia, Otto, Barik, Malcom. Those are—were the names of my teammates on mission O-17. We were attacked by a band of original Titans that were carrying out a Rite of Passage for the Titan organization, where each of my teammates were slaughtered and eaten alive in the process of protecting me. I believe I went into a state of madness and killed all of the Titans that killed my friends... though my memories of that are vague. I was horrified to find the outcome of the catastrophe and vowed that night that I would never take the life of a person, lest their loved ones would become like me—an empty shell void of love, or ever knowing the true worth of it."

She stood still, her eyes glued upon the ground as the others stood with gaping expressions.

"Is... is this normal around here?" Vinicio whispered, pointing a finger towards Xora. Hanji closed her mouth and opened it several times to speak, but she couldn't make a sound.

"Please don't tell anyone else but Commander Erwin this information. I ask that in exactly one hour, you all meet here in the data room and watch the screens. All I want is for each of you to watch. If you dare to interfere, I won't hesitate to cut you down; you will only get in my way." She turned and left through the doors.

"W—wait!" Eren cried. Xora paused in the doorway. "Arch—X—Xora, just what are you planning on doing? If you're going to get yourself killed, I can't allow you to—"

"We shall see." She disappeared without another word.

---

[One Hour Later]

The land was deserted and surrounded in such thick forest, Xora had to break through mounds of greenery to reach her destination. And she did so maddeningly, tearing apart the grass to reveal a square metal hatch built into the ground. Heaving it open, she leapt down the hatch and was faced with one very long, very white tunnel with doors lined along the halls.

Back at HQ, the six IE agents were frozen in their spots, their eyes glued on the computer panels as they all merged into one screen.

"A—are you doing this?" Armin asked Hanji, puzzled.