Code IV: Seraphina Godric

Ten minutes later, Xora found herself in Hange's bedroom. It was much, much bigger than Levi's office, and even more grand than she had expected—especially for someone with such an eccentric personality.

There was one large king-sized bed in the middle of the vast room, beige sheets and blankets piled in wrinkled heaps on the bed. Its four posts towered upward to a silky chestnut canopy, the material sinking at the center.

For the careless personality Hange displayed, her room was actually rather neat and organized. Either that, or a certain someone had snuck in while Hange was gone to greet Xora to somewhat organize the mess.

Pushed up against the opposite wall was a large desk, two jam-packed bookcases surrounding it. Several filing cabinets, also filled to their brims, stood next to the bookshelves. A very, very large stack of papers and folders sat on Hanji's desk.

Beside that pile was another pile of rolled up papers, each secured by a small thread of knotted string. A metal container of writing utensils was placed next to it.

On the right wall was a large wardrobe hinged in bright copper, and next to it, a vanity table. Sophisticated designs were carved straight into the slightly faded wood. The mirror was perfectly glazed over with a sheen of polish. There was almost nothing on the table itself, except for a small bottle of eye drops and a kit for cleaning glasses.

Her eyes flickered over to a dress that was laid out on the bed.

Its color was a deep, obsidian shade, the bodice consisting of something shaped like a corset with decorating the sides of the interlocking silver patterns that ran across the torso. The skirt that cascaded down in layers of soft, ebony silk, decorated with a shimmery tawny lace, long and flowy.

Xora noticed the sweetheart-shaped neckline was in fact strapless, bejeweled around the neckline. It was accessorized with a pair of inky black gloves that would reach just past her elbows, accompanied by swirly golden designs around the wrist and forearm.

A pin that would be worn in her hair was decorated wit lace ruffles, a creme-colored flower attached to the top; black ribbons hung from the flower.

Xora sucked in a sharp breath. In truth, it would be the first time she'd ever worn such a flamboyant dress. It was the most magnificent and ornate outfit she'd ever seen, and it was impossible to imagine it on herself. She nearly jumped when the door burst open, the room's owner bounding inside with an excited smile.

"Archangel!" Hange chirped, rushing over and grabbing Xora's hands with her own. "You're going to la balle with Levi, aren't you?"

Xora nodded in return, her eyes returning to the dress that laid patiently on the bed.

"How wonderful!" Hange winked mischievously. "When Levi's in action, you'll see why he's not the type of person to screw around with. He can even be kind of scary."

She spun Xora on the spot and pulled her over to a full-body mirror that stood primly on the other side of the wardrobe, its glass glazed over with a shiny varnish that kept it free of dust.

"Let's see," Hange mused, "your hair should be kept down. Those locks of yours are gorgeous, did you know that? Also, I'll try to keep your makeup minimal. You have a very natural beauty about you, so I don't think it'll be necessary."

Xora stared at herself in the mirror silently as the older woman rambled on. For an agent, she never worried about her appearance; the only thing there was time to worry about was staying safe and in secret. She lived in the shadows. If no one saw her, it didn't matter what she looked like.

Hange teetered on her feet excitedly. "Archangel, I'm so excited for you!" she cheered. "Of course, Eren and I will be back here, monitoring le balle, but you and Levi get all of the action. I'm a bit envious."