Chapter 4 - Chemistry

Start from the beginning

I begrudgingly walked towards the drama room, dreading whatever I am about to face.

My Mom and I used to take singing lessons together, but I basically hadn't sung since she was alive, and I wasn't really prepared to start again.

And I definitely knew that I would be a horrible actor. Sport was my thing, and not acting.

When I walked into the drama room, I saw only four other students. Two geeky looking juniors, and two freshmen girls who looked as if they had no clue what was going on. 

Sitting at a desk was a nervous looking female teacher with glasses.

"Hi you must be Sophia. Welcome to drama club," she said shakily.

I smiled politely. "So uh, is this everyone that's in drama club?"

The lady nodded.

I sighed, although I wasn't surprised.

Well, this was going to be fun. Note the sarcasm.

"We're just waiting on Michael Edwards to join us," the teacher said.

At the mention of Michael's name, the two freshmen girls nudged each other and giggled.

I rolled my eyes, if they wanted Michael then they could have him. Gladly.

Eventually, Michael strolled in, still not looking happy with the fact that he was now in drama club. It wasn't exactly the coolest thing to be involved in.

He caught sight of me and gave me a slight glare, before sitting at on a seat far away from everyone.

The nervous looking teacher introduced herself as Grace, and told us just to call her by her first name. She seemed excited that Michael and I were joining drama club, even if it was our punishment.

"Okay," Grace said, "This year we are doing a musical that is about high school students. It's a bit of a love story and a comedy and I'm sure you'll all love it."

I was pretty sure I would hate it.

I stole a sideways glance to Michael, who looked as though the idea of the love story musical repulsed him.

"So why don't we start auditions today, we might get more people wanting to join later," said Grace glancing around the room at the six people who were in 'drama club'.

I doubted that she would get more people.

Grace handed out scrips to everyone, and when she got to me she said, "Yes you're very pretty. Exactly how I imagined the lead."

I heard Michael snigger at this comment and I shot him a glare.

I sighed. Just my luck. I do not want to be the lead in the school musical. Not only was it kind of embarrassing, it was just downright boring. I did not want to spend my freshman year humiliating myself by spending it in drama club.

"Alright, why don't we get Michael and Sophia to audition together considering they are our newest recruitments. Everyone make them feel welcome," Grace said gleefully.

The applause of four people sounded, making us feel 'welcome'. 

"Okay, come to the front of the room," Grace said as she pointed to the center of the room.

Michael and I hesitantly stood up and walked to the front. The last thing I wanted to be doing was acting out a freaking love story with Michael Edwards. This was just too weird. We basically hated each other, and he was my brother's best friend. He looked just as uncomfortable as I did.

I quickly read through the page that Grace had directed us too:

Jordan and Megan are from different worlds. Jordan is a high school football star, and Megan is an academic star. Together, they defy high school stereotypes.

Jordan : "Megan, I don't care what anyone else thinks, it's you I want to be with."

Megan : "I want to be with you too."

Jordan : "Then let's just forget about the rest of the school. Together, it's you and me."

*Jordan pulls Megan into a long hug

I wanted to gag at the scene. It sounded like something corny out of High School Musical. And even worse, I would have to hug Michael. He looked slightly freaked out at the scene too, however, Grace was practically bounding with excitement in her desk chair.

"Okay, and go!" She exclaimed excitedly.

Michael looked me hesitantly in the eyes, before beginning to read Jordan's part.

His voice sounded husky as he said, "Then let's just forget about the rest of the school. Together, it's you and me."

We stared at each other for a second, before Michael put his arms around me. I slowly wrapped mine around him. I didn't realise how much bigger he was than me before I hugged him. The hug literally only lasted five seconds, because we both quickly pulled away. That was way too weird.

"Wow, just brilliant," Grace squealed as she clapped, "You two have such chemistry."

I felt my eyes go wide at that comment, and I blushed slightly. Chemistry? You have got to be joking.

Michael looked at her weirdly, with slightly raised eyebrows.

"Okay, I think that's enough for today. We'll test out some singing tomorrow, and audition anyone else that wants to go for a lead," Grace said happily.

Thank God that was over. Everyone left the drama rooms, and headed out of school.

I was about to begin walking home, when Michael spoke.

"Come on fresh meat, I'll give you a ride home. Your brother would kill me if I let you walk home in the dark," said Michael with a smirk.

I muttered a thanks as I got in the car with him. Today had certainly been interesting. And awkward.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE :

So, the principal caught Sophia and Michael, and they're in drama club now! Woah, I think i wrote this story like HSM thing, eh?

Anyway, sorry for the late upload, I had a problem with timing, I'm a bad time management, so yeah :L

Thank you everyone who read this story, it already reach 800 + reads, and I'm so happy about that ^_^

Hope you like this chapter :D Please give this story vote, comment and be my fan :D

If you have graphic for this story, you can message it to me, I'll dedicate a chapter for you :)

You can tweet me here : @raawrielle

Love love love, 

GabrielleChnc <3x