Chapter 31

Sadie's POV

Sure it was a surprise to see him at the door, but it didn't even compare to my surprise when Adam suddenly swung his fist at Bryan's face.

"What the hell Adam!!??" I exclaimed in outrage.

There was blood on the corner of Bryan's lip. His left cheek was red and I could tell that it was already beginning to swell. Mannn that's going to leave a bruise I thought to myself.

I rushed over to him and took a closer look at his face. I gently touched his now swollen (and red) cheek and he winced in response.

"Does it hurt?" I asked even though the answer was quite obvious.

"Nooo Sadie that jealous friend of yours just took a punch at me but it didn't hurt at all," he replied sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes. "Well I can see that you're perfectly fine."

"No I'm not, I need you to comfort me mommy," he pouted.

"Who said I was your mommy?" I smirked.

Bryan opened his mouth to answer, but Adam interrupted him. "Sorry to interrupt you love birds but I actually want to not barf."

"Then you can leave," I pointed to the open door. "I don't even know why you're even here."

"Fine I'll leave then," he said. I felt myself sigh in relief but then I saw that he wasn't finished speaking. "Not leaving without you though," he added before reaching for my arm.

Once he grabbed onto it, he began to pull me towards the door.

"Noooo!" I yelled as I dragged the heels of my feet on the floor to slow him down. "Let go of me!" I tried to shake off his hand, but his grip was too tight. "You're hurting me!" I added desperately, hoping for him to feel bad and let go.

Just as I had hoped for, he did. That was so like him to do something that. I grinned at my victory and was about to do a happy dance when I was suddenly picked up. Bridal style.

Gosh darn it.

"You didn't win, I did," Adam said, flashing me a smug smile.

I grunted, not willing to admit my defeat.

With his long legs, we were outside in less than two minutes. I could feel the cold breeze blow against my long hair. I could see the bright stars shine brightly against the dark sky.

I pounded my fist on his chest helplessly as I repeatedly begged him to put me down. I was right about to give up when I felt my feet touch the ground. I noticed that I was now across the street from Bryan's house and standing next to Adam's car.

"We need to talk," Adam announced.

"It's not like I have a choice," I muttered.

"I heard that."

"Good."

We glared at each other silently for several minutes before he opened his mouth.

"Why were you at that guy's house?" he asked. "And at night time too."

"I owed him a favor," I stated simply, not revealing the heated situation we had inside earlier. "Besides, it's not like this is any of your business."

"I don't want him to take advantage of you," he confessed. "I'm worried about you, okay? Can't you see that??" he added exasperatedly.

"Why?? There's no need to act like you care about some nerd anymore," I pointed out. The memories from the past resurfaced and I couldn't help but feel a piercing pain in my heart. A pain I thought I had already forgotten.

"You don't get it, do you? I like yo- no I love you. I want to protect you. I don't want you to get hurt. I want you to be happy!!" he blurted out.

I stared at him speechlessly. I felt my cheeks heat up at his confession.

[Lyrics to the song translated into English]
I need you girl
Why am I in love alone, why am I hurting alone?
I need you girl
Why do I keep needing you when I know I'll get hurt?
I need you girl, you're beautiful
I need you girl, you're so cold
I need you girl (I need you girl)

Without warning, a Korean song started to play. It filled the quiet atmosphere with a sad but upbeat tune. It took me a few seconds to figure which song this was. It was BTS's I Need U.

"I need you Sadie," Adam said breathlessly. He walked closer to me until our noses were touching. His hazel orbs stared at me as the music continued to play in the background.

"I-I don't kn-know.." I stammered. He had hurt me... badly. It felt like it was just yesterday when I found out Adam's secret. The feeling felt almost fresh. It had felt like my heart was broken into a billion tiny pieces. I barely managed to stick the pieces back together. I didn't want it to break again.

Before I knew it, his lips crashed onto mine. It was a soft and passionate kiss. I slowly felt myself surrendering and not long after, I started to kiss him back.

I realize now that I love him. His betrayal had only hurt so badly because I had feelings for him. I knew that he wasn't going to hurt me again.
I want to be with him.
And now I can.
I can finally be happy.

A tear rolled down my cheek. It wasn't a sad tear. It was a happy one.